Throat Irritation

How to help my GERD symptoms like chest pain and acid feeling in throat?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like to ask about the hyperacidity and GERD that I am suffering. I am experiencing this for the past six months until now. From the start, it was not that frequent. However, for this month, every day I am already suffering pain in the chest and often acid go through my throat....  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you are suffering from GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) for a long time you need to take medicine for at least six weeks and follow some instructions. I suggest you to take some other acidity medicine like Pantoprazole. It would be better to take a combinat...  Read Full »

Why does the throat hurt from smoking cigarettes?

Query: Hello doctor, Why does my throat hurt after smoking cigarettes for the first time?  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay S Bhat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to iclinic.com. Since your throat is not used to the smoke, which contains a large number of chemicals, it got injured and started to pain. Chronic smokers will not experience pain due to a permanent change in the cells of the throat, which resist smoke-induced injury. Your throat wil...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for itching and burning sensation in my throat?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing some itching and burning sensation below the throat for the past two days. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Shaiza Hashmi

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. All throat conditions are not COVID-19. Sore throat can also occur in conditions like flu, cold, tonsilitis, COVID-19, etc. Kindly give complete history. Do you have any COVID-19 contact history? Is there any travel history by any close relatives, friends or by y...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for throat irritation, blisters and swallowing difficulty?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old. For the past five years, I have reddishness in the throat, and throat blisters may be inflammation (I do not know the correct word). I checked my blood thyroid, and all internal organs are working fine. Uric acid is a bit high and deficiency of vitamin D. I have sy...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most common reason for having this throat irritation with a feeling of a lump or something obstructing while swallowing saliva can be a feature of chronic silent GERD with LPR (gastroesophageal reflux with laryngopharyngeal reflux). Even though you might be asy...  Read Full »

Throat irritation with phlegm is not improving with medications. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I got a few inquiries about my current situation. I was suffering from this white phlegm in my throat for six months that bothers me, especially when sleeping. I consulted an ENT online who said that I was suffering from laryngopharyngeal reflux, and she prescribed me antacids and PPI...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for the detailed history and attaching pictures (attachment removed to protect identity). As you mentioned, the previous doctor said it could be reflux. This can be true, but such a prolonged duration and still not healing suspect oral infection, which is mos...  Read Full »

Can I get infected by blood splashing in my eye?

Query: Hi Doctor, I am a medico. I recently had a feeling of blood splash in my eye twice last week. I had checked their viral markers hiv , hbsag and hCv both were negative ( both their reports were taken with 1 week prior to surgery ) presently today I am having running nose n bit of throat irritation w...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Dear. You may already be knowing that even though accidental exposure to potentially infectious fluids with intact mucous membranes can transmit HIV, hepatitis B, C albeit the risk is low. Having said that even though there viral markers were negative which is a good thing, I would still advice yo...  Read Full »

Why do I feel like something is stuck in my throat?

Query: Hello doctor,I feel as if there is something stuck or moving in my throat around the back of the mouth to the Adam's apple. It has been bothering me for a few days. There is no pain associated with it, just the feeling as if something is moving up and down my throat. It goes down if I swallow, and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumar Ashutosh

Family Physician, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A foreign body sensation or a feeling of something stuck in the throat is a very common complaint. There are so many causes like acid reflux, pharyngitis and allergic rhinitis that could cause the feeling. I suggest: You take tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg on an ...  Read Full »

Why is my throat irritated continuously?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering with some irritation in my throat for the past one and a half year. I am just fed up nowadays. Also, the fear of cancer destroying me. After taking different types of antibiotics from different doctors, lastly, I took Loratadine and Dexit (Flupentixol + Melitracen) f...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Verma

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) as well as read your complete history. Do not worry. I will definitely help you. On looking your throat, it seems that you are having chronic allergic throat problem. Both side tonsils are also en...  Read Full »

What causes red spots in the throat?

Query: Hi doctor, Please see the attached pictures of my mouth. The lump on top of my mouth is a torus. I have a red spot on the side of it though. What could it be?  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You do not have to worry about these red spots (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Those are normally seen on the palate due to minor blood clots formed due to either some pressure applied on the palate by tongue or even without any cause. It happens due to ...  Read Full »

What could cause white patch on tonsil with throat irritation?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a burning sensation on one side of the throat and neck. White patch covering on the left side of the throat just behind the tonsils where burning sensation is. I had acid reflux, but PPI is not helping. Wondering what the white patch maybe?  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had a detailed look at the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you have sent and there is absolutely nothing that you need to worry about. The white patch is due to chronic irritation which is definitely a feature of chronic silent GERD with LPR...  Read Full »