Q. I have itching in the throat with little cough. Are Cetirizine and Calvam 250 enough?

Dr. Syed Tehmid

I am having itching in throat and little cough for more than two weeks and cold. No fever, no body pain. My BP and sugar are normal. I am taking Cetirizine and Calvam 625 with little improvement.

#

Do you have any postnasal drip or cold? Do you have any acid reflux, stomach ache, or sour eructations? Is there any cervical lymph node? Do you smoke? Can you attach a picture of your throat?

Thank you dcotor,

I am having cold but not running nose with little itching at the back of the throat. I have an acidity issue. I had appendicitis surgery before five months but the constipation problem persists.

#

It would be better if you ask someone else to click pictures of your throat as I am afraid and I could not discern much from these pictures. Anyways acid reflux can be an important cause of pharyngitis and consequent symptoms of foreign sensation or itch in throat. Rhinosinusitis can also lead to pharyngitis. I would suggest to continue Clavam 625 (Amoxicillin and Potassium clavulanate) for a total duration of five to seven days. Continue Cetirizine or use Montair fx in its place. Take Pantoprazole 40 mg half an hour before breakfast and also use Cofsils lozenges twice or thrice a day. Avoid smoking, avoid hot, spicy oily and fried foods. Avoid heavy meals at night. Take plenty of fluids.

|