Q. I have itching in the throat with little cough. Are Cetirizine and Calvam 250 enough?

Dr. Syed Tehmid

I am having itching in throat and little cough for more than two weeks and cold. No fever, no body pain. My BP and sugar are normal. I am taking Cetirizine and Calvam 625 with little improvement.

#

Do you have any postnasal drip or cold? Do you have any acid reflux, stomach ache, or sour eructations? Is there any cervical lymph node? Do you smoke? Can you attach a picture of your throat?

Thank you dcotor,

I am having cold but not running nose with little itching at the back of the throat. I have an acidity issue. I had appendicitis surgery before five months but the constipation problem persists.

#

It would be better if you ask someone else to click pictures of your throat as I am afraid and I could not discern much from these pictures. Anyways acid reflux can be an important cause of pharyngitis and consequent symptoms of foreign sensation or itch in throat. Rhinosinusitis can also lead to pharyngitis. I would suggest to continue Clavam 625 (Amoxicillin and Potassium clavulanate) for a total duration of five to seven days. Continue Cetirizine or use Montair fx in its place. Take Pantoprazole 40 mg half an hour before breakfast and also use Cofsils lozenges twice or thrice a day. Avoid smoking, avoid hot, spicy oily and fried foods. Avoid heavy meals at night. Take plenty of fluids.

| 

What is the reason for continuous post nasal drip and sore throat?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a question about my ears, nose, and throat. From last year, I am having a continuous post-nasal drip and a very sore throat. I tried taking over-the-counter antihistamines and mucus thinner, but they did not help. I also have clicking in my ear. My voice kind of muffles in my le...  Read Full »

On medication for sterp pharyngitis. How long will it take to bring down the pain?

Query: Hello doctor, Two days ago I came down with right ear pain, swollen lymph node and ear lobe of the right ear, sore throat, tender glands and jaw pain that was all on one side. At first, I thought it was a jaw issue because if I opened my mouth too wide my throat and jaw would start hurting like cra...  Read Full »

I am suffering from blocked and running nose inspite of having medicines. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from blocked nose and continues running nose since yesterday. Yellow plam coming out with cough with little pain in the center bone. Now consumed Deflazacort tablet and using Otrizon drops yet no relief.  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»