Q. I have lump sensation in throat, ear pain, and post nasal drip. Please help.

I am a male, 28 years old. I am not overweight. I had no surgeries before and no incidence of reflux in my life but I have a sinusitis and I am a heavy smoker (20 cigarettes per day). I am smoking for around 10 years. The symptoms three months ago were sudden lump sensation in the throat. The treatment given by a local pharmacist at a time was Pantazol 20. Current symptoms are lump sensation in the throat, continuous sore throat (more than three weeks), pain in ears, post nasal drip, and feeling of a water coming up from stomach to mouth. The treatment taken since one month ago till now are Pantazol 40 twice a day, Domperidone three times a day.

The result is all symptoms are still present after a month. They come and go with no relevance to the medicine. Others include eating a lot used to relieve the symptoms in the first but no effect now. I am perfectly fine when sleeping. Minor pain when swallowing saliva but no pain swallowing water or food. I had a barium swallow with no effect of abnormalities or reflux, I had a throat swab that had a negative result.

#

You are suffering from postnasal drip and its complications. The treatment taken by you is not of postnasal drip. So, you have not gotten any relief. I advise you to start on tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg once a day, Fluticasone nasal spray, a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone. Write back after 10 days.

|