Q. I have throat pain for past three days. How to cure the pain?

Dr. Naveen Kumar Nanjasetty
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha

I have throat pain. The pain aggravates during eating or drinking. I also feel the pain while even swallowing saliva. I have the pain for the past three days. I am currently taking lozenges (Strepsils).

#

Thanks for posting the query.

I have gone through the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity) thoroughly, and I believe that you are suffering from acute granular pharyngitis.

You need to start with home remedies such as,

1. Drinking frequent sips of warm water.

2. OTC (over-the-counter) pain relievers such as Ibuprofen or Diclofenac.

3. Use Povidone iodine mouth gargles.

4. Avoid coffee, smoking, chilled food and beverages.

If the symptoms do not subside within a couple of days, then you need to consult an ENT specialist for a thorough examination and management. Hope this answers your query; revert to me if you have any follow up questions.

|