Q. I have throat pain that gets better with antibiotics and then comes back. How to cure this?

Dr. Pruthvi Raju Uppalapati
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 07, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 24, 2020

Dear sir, I have right side throat pain from last 1 months. When I take the antibiotics then pain is gone. When I stopped antibiotics it will start again. Doctor said it is pharyngeal wall congestion. How I can cure from this disease. Kindly help me.

#

Hello. Good to hear from you. I understand your situation. The typical recurrent pain you complain might be because of the following most common causes..

1. Chronic tonsillitis/pharyngitis

2. Chronic gastritis.

3. Persistent post nasal discharge.

As you say it’s subsiding with antibiotics it might be because of a recurrent infection. Whatever be the reason firstly, start yourself on the medication I suggest. Later make certain lifestyle changes.

Medication: 1. Tab amoxyclav 625 mg twice daily after lunch for 5 days . 2. Tab aceclo plus twice daily for 5 days 3. Tab pantop dsr once daily before breakfast for 15 days 4. Betadine gargle, 10 ml in 150ml of Luke warm water thrice daily after food for 5 days.

Life style changes: 1. Avoid cold food 2. Make sure the food and water you take are hygienic. 3. Avoid Spicy food 4. Eat on time. Don’t let your stomach be empty for more than 2 hrs. 5. Do not sleep soon as you eat.

Infection

|