Q. I have throat pain that gets better with antibiotics and then comes back. How to cure this?

Dr. Pruthvi Raju Uppalapati
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 07, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 05, 2021

I have throat pain in my right side for a month. After taking antibiotics, it subsides. When I stop taking it, it starts again. The doctor told me it as pharyngeal wall congestion. How can I cure it?

#

I understand your condition. You have recurrent pain due to chronic tonsilitis or pharyngitis, chronic gastritis, and persistent nasal discharge. Taking antibiotics helps a lot. Start taking medication to resolve it and have some lifestyle changes. You can take tablet Amoxyclav 625 mg (Amoxicillin with Clavulanic acid) twice daily after lunch for five days, take tablet Acecloplus (Aceclofenac with Paracetamol) twice daily for five days, and take tablet Pantop DSR (Pantoprazole) once daily before breakfast for 15 days. Use Betadine gargle. Mix 10 ml in 150 ml of lukewarm water thrice daily after food for five days. Avoid taking cold foods. Take hygienic food and water. Avid taking spicy foods and eat on time. Do not let your stomach empty for more than two hours. Do not sleep as soon as you eat.

You seem to have an infection.

You have chronic pharyngitis.

You need medical treatment.

Follow the measures mentioned above.

Have a follow-up after a week.

|