Q. Why do I have throat pain after drinking a cold drink?

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 04, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 08, 2021

Yesterday, I drank a cold drink and started to have throat pain after it. Please help.

#

You have acute pharyngitis with tonsillitis. This is a very common entity to occur and it is treatable. You can take a tablet containing a combination of Amoxicillin 500 mg with Potassium clavulanate 125 mg one tablet three times a day for five days. This is an antibiotic and it can cause loose motions in few cases. If you develop loose motions, you can start taking Probiotics one tablet in the morning and evening for a week. You can take tablet Zerodol P (Aceclofenac with Paracetamol) one tablet two times a day after food for five days and tablet Pan D (Pantoprazole) one tablet once a day before food for a week. Do salt water gargling eight to ten times a day for a month. Avoid taking oily, spicy, and cold food or beverages. Continue drinking boiled warm water every three hours. Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption. Follow these precautionary measures to prevent having further recurrence and relapse of symptoms.

|