I drank cold drink yesterday and have a throat pain since. Please help.
Your probably having acute pharyngitis with tonsillitis There is nothing that you need to be worried about as this is a very common entity that we come across and is treatable.
1. Tab containing Combination of Amoxicilin 500mg plus potassium clavilunaye 125mg one tab three tiems a day for 5 days. This is an antibiotic and can create loose motions in a few, if you happen to develop loose motions, you can start probiotics one tab in the morning and evening for next 1 week.
2. Tab zerodol p (or its equivalent) one tab two times a day after food 12hrs apart for 5 days
3. Tab pan d (or its equivalent) one tab once a day before bfast for 1 week
4. Salt water gargles @8 to 10 times a day for 1 month
5. Avoid oily spicy and cold food/beverages.
6. Keep sipping on boiled warm water every 3 hrs.
7. Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption as much as possible.
All precautionary measures have to be followed as much as possible to prevent any recurrences. Advice mentioned in points 4 to 7 are extremely important and need to be followed to prevent relapse of symptoms.
I hope I have answered your query in detail. If there is anything more that you need to know or enquire, please do let us know and we will get back to you ASAP. Warm regards
Was this answer helpful?|
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old female. My symptoms are as follows: Intense throat pain while swallowing saliva. The pain radiates to the ear and sometimes, head and gives me a headache. Dry throat, especially in the area of pain. I also have a feeling of swelling in the throat, but the doctor said th... Read Full »
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30-year-old male. I have a throat infection with pain in swallowing which increases at night. I took Enzoflam two tablets per day for three days, but the pain still persists. Please advise. Read Full »
Query: Hello doctor, I had two Paracetamol 500 mg and I started feeling a sharp pain in the throat. Is that normal? Read Full »
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask an ENT Otolaryngologist Now