Throat Ulcer

Why do I have the feeling of something stuck in the throat post COVID-19 infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with COVID-19. My doctor prescribed me Dexamethasone, Famotidine 40 mg, Ab-FLO, Faronem 200 mg, and Zeet syrup. These medicines I took for 13 days as advised by the doctor. After that, lots of acne arises on my face. So I went to the dermatologist, and he recommended ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep V Nair

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, let me congratulate you on being a COVID-19 survivor. Allopathic medicines have effects as well as side effects. They have side effects because they are effective. The acne that you had was probably the side effect of Dexamethasone that you took for COVI...  Read Full »

How to treat constant lowering of Hb in an older person?

Query: Hello doctor, Patient is 71 years old. She was taking regular medicines for HTN, chronic depression and old ischemic stroke. Her Hb dropped gradually from 12.3 to 9.8 inspite of taking iron rich food and iron tablets. Following tests were done. Hemogram with ESR, 2D echo, ECG, thyroid profile, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand it has been a tough time for you to undergo these repeat testing and endoscopic examination again and again. In both endoscopy reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I can see ulcers in the esophagus (food pipe) over its low...  Read Full »

I have mouth and throat ulcers with no fever or breathing difficulty. Please suggest treatment.

Query: Hello doctor, I have mouth and throat ulcers lasting for the past eight to nine days. No fever, cough, or difficulty breathing. I consulted a doctor over the phone and took three days of Azithromycin, Dologel, and some pain relief medicine. After no improvement after three days, the doctor change...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you kindly share the pictures of the lesions? Are there any blisters? How did the lesions appear in the first place? If it is not responding it might be oral herpes.  Read Full »

What could be the red bump at the back of the throat in a non-smoker?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old female, non-smoker. I noticed a bump at the back of my throat the other day, but I am not sure how long it has been there as it does not cause me any pain. I had my last dental visit before two months, so it must have developed sometime since then. I got the three-...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture you have attached along with the complaint. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like a pharyngeal ulcer because of the patchy and reddish appearance. Chances of infection of the tonsils are also greater. But you have ment...  Read Full »

I have two painful white spots on my palatoglossal arch and it is hurting. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor,Two days ago, I was eating some food, and afterward, I noticed the back of my throat was hurting. I did not think anything of it, and as I went on, it got worse. I took a picture of it which is on my palatoglossal arch right below my tonsil. There are two whites spots, and they are infl...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems to be a simple inflammation. Continue the mouth wash and the analgesic plus an antibiotic as Amoxicillin 500 three times daily for a week. Do you have reflux? Or any other chronic diseases?  Read Full »

I have sore throat and small ulcers at the visible part of my throat inspite of having medicines. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a very sore throat for the last three days and have been taking pain killers and antibiotic (Azithromycin 500), but they only gave temporary relief. I noticed small ulcers at the visible part of my throat, not sure if these were there when the symptoms started. These are the on...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.If it is an ulcer, the antibiotic can worsen it, so please stop antibiotics. Please capture a photo for your throat and send it to me. I need to see the ulcer. Is the ulcer tender for food and water? Do you have reflux?  Read Full »

How can I take care of throat ulcer?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a bad throat recently and I took Doxcef 200 for five days from a previous prescription thinking it would help. However, now I have a throat ulcer I guess as my throat hurts when I gulp. It is predominantly on the right side. It happened once last year and based on that prescription...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would say that you did a mistake by taking the medicines from the previous prescription. Most likely you have caused unnecessary gastritis due to proper dosage of antibiotic pertaining to the current problem. Most of the throat problems like soreness and cold are d...  Read Full »

I have white patches in the throat and reddened soft palate. Is it oral cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having oral symptoms for the last six months or so. I also have been a heavy drinker for the past seven to eight years. I discontinued this in January of this year. Started in the fall of last year with allergy, cold symptoms and has continued to the present day even getti...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good that you stopped drinking. Meanwhile, I do not find any cancerous lesion in the pictures you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). However, none of the pictures show the posterior pharyngeal wall. If you can take a better picture it will b...  Read Full »

What can be done for bad throat and ulcers inside throat?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother has a bad throat for a month now. I believe it is because of excessive yelling all the time due to some reasons. She went to an ENT three weeks before and that did not help even a bit and there were other side effects of gas, worsening of piles, and constipation. She has pai...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With the symptoms and the pictures you have sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears your mother has some laryngopharyngeal reflux with associated inflammation in the posterior larynx. This along with the yelling would have resulted in edema ...  Read Full »

There is a swelling even after the throat ulcer has healed. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I do not have tonsils. They were removed a year ago. Three to four days ago, I got an ulcer in my throat. It hurt for two or three days. The ulcer is healed now but it has this mass or inflammation under it. What is this? I have never seen this with an ulcer.  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Otolaryngologist, Audiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You are having an ulcer on the posterior tonsillar pillar. It looks like a benign ulcer. The protocol is medicines must be given for the ulcer to heal. If the ulcer persists in spite of medica...  Read Full »