Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

What causes varicose veins in the penile shaft?

Query: Hi doctor About 11 weeks ago, I had unprotected sex when drunk. I have been tested and all clear. But, from the next day I had throbbing, dull ache on the penis. Then after two weeks, I realized a vein under my shaft on the right side had become inflamed. I can no longer masturbate or touch it witho...  Read Full »

Dr. Raman Tanwar

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to, The problem seems to be acute thrombophlebitis (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It can be cured with a course of antibiotics and anti-inflammatory agents. If the need arises, then be it can be excised with a minor surgery as well. We do not need to worry...  Read Full »

What are the symptoms of lymphangiosclerosis?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a hardened cord on the top of my penis that runs centrally from the base, it has been there for three days. It is slightly to the right of the vein. The skin is slightly pink and it runs a couple of inches and is completely solid. I fear a blocked artery. What is this likely to b...  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to From your symptoms, it could be a hardened lymph vessel or an inflamed vein. Not a blocked artery as that would cause a lot of severe symptoms. A few details would help to identify the cause like, does it become prominent after vigorous sexual activity, or does it remai...  Read Full »

Is there any home remedy to treat balanitis and swollen painful vein?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been having some issues with my penis. At first, a month ago I thought I had balanitis and so I used Terrarisil balanitis cream but I have only used a few times and now I see that one of my veins got swollen and it feels like it aches a little. I do not know what to do with both the...  Read Full »

Dr. Rabia


Answer: Hi, Welcome to I would like to know your age, are you sexually active? To me it looks like Mondor disease, a condition in which veins get swollen for which there can be many reasons like penile injury, sexual activity, etc. The condition is treatable. You have to take oral antibiotic an...  Read Full »

What is the reason for a small, painless lump in the IV injection area?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a fistulectomy surgery. I was given IV for two days. It was attached to my right wrist and it was removed after two days. On that spot, where the injection was inserted, a very small, painless lump sort of a thing formed. It is already 39 days after surgery, but that small, p...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Please relax and do not worry. It is thrombophlebitis of superficial veins where your IV was attached. I suggest you apply Thrombophob ointment (Heparin sodium) three times a day on the swelling for seven days. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the med...  Read Full »

How can hemorrhoids be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 47-year-old female. I have hemorrhoids that are really causing me pain these days. Can you suggest me any over-the-counter creams or medications? Do I really need to see a doctor?  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to If it is an external hemorrhoid or if thrombosed or thrombophlebitis, it may cause pain. Eat a high-fiber diet. Avoid spicy food and alcohol. Do regular exercise and drink plenty of water. Use syrup Lactulose 30 ml at night. If symptoms have not improved please cons...  Read Full »

Penis enlargement exercises led to swollen veins on my shaft. Please guide me.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a healthy 33 year old male. I have sex regularly and masturbate regularly. Over the years, I dabbled in penis enlargement exercises. I quit doing them a while back because I felt it was causing a damage to the penis. Recently, I used a cock ring, but for not more than ten minute...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have seen the images sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If there is a pain of veins, especially when you touch them, or any signs of inflammation, only then it is a thrombophlebitis of veins. In your case, it could be thrombophlebitis, but...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Chat with a Doctor

Chat with a Doctor

Starting @ just $29.99

Search for a Health Issue


Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.