Q. Can you help me decipher my thyroid reports?

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Published on Nov 24, 2017

My reports read as follows:

1. Total triiodothyronine (T3) CLIA 91 ng/dl. Reference range 60 to 200.
  2. Total thyroxine (T4) CLIA 7.8 µg/dl. Reference range 4.5 to 12.
  3. Thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) CLIA 0.74 µIU/ml. Reference range 0.3 to 5.5.

What should I decipher from this?

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetology Endocrinology
#

Welcome to icliniq.com.

I just read your query and saw all your reports which you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Your thyroid function test is absolutely within the normal limits. Continue with the same dose of Thyronorm (Thyroxine) as usual.
  1. Your serum creatinine is slightly in the upper range of normal. So, I suggest you drink eight to 10 glasses of water daily.
  2. Take a low-fat diet and avoid junk food.
  3. Exercise daily since your cholesterol levels are slightly high.
  4. You have a vitamin-D deficiency. So, you must take tablet Vitamin D 50,000 IU once a week for four weeks and then once every two weeks for another one month and then once a month for three months.
  5. Take tablet Calcium 500 mg once daily.
  • Try to space these medications from the thyroid medications by at least four hours.

Hope you find my advice beneficial. Good luck.

For more information consult an endocrinologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist

| 

Is there a permanent cure for hypothyroidism?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is having hypothyroidism. She is having the TSH level of 13 miu/l. We had consulted a doctor and after few tests, the doctor suggested to take Thyroxine 100 mcg everyday morning on empty stomach. How long she needs to take the medication? Is there a permanent cure for this?  Read Full »

Will increased TSH level harm the baby's brain growth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. My height is 5'1" and weight is 52.4. I am 20 weeks pregnant now. I underwent a surgery for complete thyroidectomy and I am taking Thyroxin 100 mcg regularly. In my first trimester, the TSH level was 0.31 and the doctor advised me to continue the same dosage of medici...  Read Full »

My thyroids are enlarged and asymmetrical. Should I visit an endocrinologist?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old woman, who in the last six months began to experience thyroid symptoms. I am in the process of looking for a new physician, but I live in a very remote area with a significant shortage of medical professionals, so I am in a lot of ways on my own here. My mother had h...  Read Full »

Ask an Endocrinologist Now