Q. Is surgery needed for colloidal nodules in thyroid lobe?

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

I have colloidal nodules in my right thyroid lobe. My T3 and T4 are fine. Please suggest whether I need to go for surgery. I am not very sure if I have a problem while swallowing or not. I have problem to swallow when I get throat infection and cough.

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetology Endocrinology
#

I just read your query and from what you have mentioned it appears that your thyroid nodule and lymph nodes are enlarged. Your thyroid function test results are good (attachment removed to protect patient identity) but you have to do an FNAC (fine needle aspiration cytology) as your nodule is more than 1 cm in size and it is mandatory to get an FNAC of the same. After FNAC, we will decide whether you need a surgery or not. But, in my opinion, it is of utmost importance to get an FNAC done as soon as possible.

For more information consult an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist

| 

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

What is the small painless lump in the breast?

Query: Hello doctor, There is a small lump in the breast. I have no pain or any other type of side effects also. But, as per the doctor's advise, I have gone for FNAC test. Please explain what is the problem.  Read Full »

I have a benign multinodular goiter. Is there a need for thyroidectomy?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been recently diagnosed with multinodular goiter and have done FNAC, which turned to be benign. Is there any other way to get rid of the enlargement of the goiter and the nodules? My thyroid is full of them ranging from 0.5 to 0.9 mm. What should I do? I feel lost, and I have a con...  Read Full »

Can Hashimoto's disease cause enlarged lymph nodes?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old female. I have Hashimoto's hypothyroidism since four years. I take Eltroxin daily and go for a thyroid sonar once a year. I went for an ultrasound yesterday and my report stated that my thyroid features are consistent with Hashimoto's thyroiditis. But, what reall...  Read Full »

Ask an Endocrinologist Now