Q. Flea bite rashes on my arms and legs do not heal. Kindly help.

Dr. Sugreev Singh

I am a 22-year-old female. I have bites all over my arms and legs that do not heal. My cat has fleas, so I think it is flea bites.

I am currently taking Escitalopram. I weigh 130 pounds.

#

Can you send me a picture of bites so I can prescribe you medicine accordingly? If there are flea bites, then it can lead to infections and swelling or redness.

Take tablet Cetirizine 10 mg once a day after meal for five days. Is there any pus inside bites? Is your cat vaccinated? Does the cat has any wounds?

There is no pus inside the bites as far as I know. My cats are vaccinated and do not have any open wounds. My legs look worse than my arms.

#

Cat usually has Ctenocephalides felis named flea, which are highly bloodsucking. And because of them, only you have urticarial papule and erythema. So, first of all, I would suggest you stay away from these fleas. Give a proper bath to your cat and eliminate these fleas from the house thoroughly. If they keep biting, then you might have other complications as well, such as severe itching and bleeding from these rashes, fever and all.

Clean these rashes with Betadine solution twice a day. Then apply Clotrimazole Beclomethasone ointment twice a day. Take tablet Cetirizine 10 mg once a day. Take this treatment for five days and let me know after five days. Do you have such rashes on other parts of the body as well? Is it the first time you had such bites? Do they itch?

Yes, this is the first time I have had these flea bites. They do itch. I will definitely take your advice. I just have on my shoulders a little bit.

#

No problem. Please take the treatment I have prescribed for five days and let me know after that. If it does not heal or get worse, then we will go for further investigations and treatment. If anything else, please let me know.

|