Q. A white patch has been formed at the tip of the penis associated with skin tightness. Why?

Dr. Gajanan Bhat
Published on Jun 21, 2019

I used to masturbate regularly, and I do not care much for hygiene (I wore the same used underwears, cleaned my penis once in a while, etc.). Now from the last two months, I am unable to retract. The foreskin seems to have become tight and not allowing me to even pull it back a little. There is a kind of white patch formed at the tip of my penis as well. That is concerning. Could you please let me know what might be the issue?

Dr. Gajanan Bhat

General Surgery Urology
#

Let me tell you one thing, you need not worry about your condition, as it is widespread to have phimosis, which is the case with you. The foreskin is tight in your case, and hence, retraction is painful. The white patch you are referring to is nothing but color due to fibrosis. This has nothing to do with masturbation. You can undergo a simple procedure called circumcision, which will get rid of the foreskin and your problem with it, once for all.

It is a minor procedure. Please address the issue of hygiene better. Though there will not be any serious health issues with cleanliness, absence of hygiene can result in fungal infection, which can be avoided by addressing the hygiene properly. Let me reassure you again, and you need not worry much, go for circumcision.

| 

Please suggest an ayurveda remedy for tight foreskin.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old male. I have a tight foreskin. When my penis is erect I can pull down the skin completely without any problem, but when it is normal, it cannot be pulled down completely. Sometimes, I can, but not always. I do not want to go for surgery. Is there a natural way to he...  Read Full »

I have white patches in the throat and reddened soft palate. Is it oral cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having oral symptoms for the last six months or so. I also have been a heavy drinker for the past seven to eight years. I discontinued this in January of this year. Started in the fall of last year with allergy, cold symptoms and has continued to the present day even getti...  Read Full »

I have white patches around the head of the penis. Could you suggest a treatment?

Query: Hello doctor,It looks like from three days, I am suffering from genital candidiasis. Around the head of the penis, there is irritation and soreness, itchiness and white patches on the skin. I have tried applying coconut oil and eating yogurt for two days. I feel it has reduced. Could you please su...  Read Full »