Q. My foreskin is too tight to have sex. Please suggest a solution.

Dr. Samer S J Altawil
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 06, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 09, 2020

I am a 27-year-old married male. My foreskin is too tight and I do not feel comfortable while having sex. Penetration is becoming a problem. I want to speak to a urologist to get some perspective on this.

#

Phimosis can be a disturbing problem for many people and it is a treatable problem. Treatment depends on response and ranging from medications to surgical options. Usually, phimosis is primary, means it is from childhood, and depends on the severity it takes time to resolve. First, if you can attach a picture, it would be helpful. Second, you can apply and massage with Hydrocortisone cream twice daily and start gradual retraction after two weeks of application until complete retraction after six weeks using the cream and massaging the foreskin twice daily for six weeks. If that measure failed, you might need a small surgical procedure to fashion the foreskin making it bigger. Last option is circumcision.

Note: Retraction should be done first without erection and can be done with erection once it becomes easy to do so. Each time you do retraction, please return back the foreskin to its original place to avoid paraphimosis.

| 

I am attaching the pictures of my penis. Is it possible that stress and anxiety leads to lower sex drive? I have had many work related issues that caused immense stress. Could the lower sex drive be because of stress or because of phimosis? I fear having painful encounters in sex, which puts me in a vicious cycle of repelling sex. What are your recommendations for having healthy sex? Right now, we have been having oral sex and pseudo-penetrations. It causes slight discomfort, but the fear of something happening makes my penis flaccid. Is it possible to speak to you over the phone?

#

I reviewed you pictures (attachment removed to patient identity). It is severe phimosis. I cannot guarantee that the cream will do very well but it is worth a try. Please avoid sex and keep the area clean. As you retract you will find cheesy white material please clean that. I hope you will do but do it gradually with patience. Do not injure yourelf.

Ofcourse, stress and phimosis can cause erection problem. For that you need to sort one by one. First correct your phimosis and try not to bring your work issues home and do not discuss work at home. Relax your mind and manage organize your work timing and aim to make it more easy to handle. You can contact me any time.

|