Q. What is the best treatment for itching in the hip region?

Dr. Shama Naaz

I have intense itching on my hips, and I have attached some pictures. It will help if you suggest some medicine or cream put on the itching area.

Also, please let me know the generic name of the medicine or cream as I am traveling to many countries.

Thanks.

#

1) What is the duration of the disease?

2) Do you have any lesions in the groin folds?

3) Do you have any other medical problems for which you are taking medications?

Kindly revert with the answers.

Thanks for the reply.

Itching has started just two weeks ago and I am not under any medications. I used Itch Guard but it did not help.

Is this a serious issue?

Thanks.

#

It looks like tinea corporis, a fungal infection affecting the superficial layer of skin (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity).

I suggest you apply Sertaconazole cream twice daily over the skin lesions for one week; after applying cream, wait for five minutes and apply Clotrimazole powder over the lesions. This method will help to absorb any moisture, as moisture is a predisposing factor for fungal growth.

You should clean the area with Ketoconazole soap once a daily and pat dry the area. Kindly keep the area clean and dry. Do not share your soap or towels.

Revert after one week.

Take care.

|