Q. Why am I having red itchy patches on groin area?

Dr. Abhishek Ponathil

Red itchy patches on groin area all the way spread around anus and thigh. Tried treating with camphor mixed with coconut oil first. Then used Cosvate GM, Ketoclean and Keto Soap. It has worsened.

#

You have tinea corporis/cruris which is also known as ringworm/fungal infection. Kindly stop using the earlier medicines. You should take capsule Itraconazole 100 mg twice a day for 3 weeks. Also, take tablet Cetirizine 10 mg at night for the itching. Also apply Luliconazole/Sertaconazole/Eberconazole cream twice a day. Kindly take bath twice a day. This will help in cleaning the sweat on the body which helps fungus to grow. Also, as you are a diabetic, you have to maintain your sugar levels. In uncontrolled diabetes, fungal infection is very common. Take care and stay healthy.

Tinea corporis/cruris

As explained above

Avoid wearing wet undergarments

|