Q. Why am I having red itchy patches on groin area?

Dr. Abhishek Ponathil

Red itchy patches on groin area all the way spread around anus and thigh. Tried treating with camphor mixed with coconut oil first. Then used Cosvate GM, Ketoclean and Keto Soap. It has worsened.

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Dr. Abhishek Ponathil

Dermatology Venereology
#

You have tinea corporis/cruris which is also known as ringworm/fungal infection. Kindly stop using the earlier medicines. You should take capsule Itraconazole 100 mg twice a day for 3 weeks. Also, take tablet Cetirizine 10 mg at night for the itching. Also apply Luliconazole/Sertaconazole/Eberconazole cream twice a day. Kindly take bath twice a day. This will help in cleaning the sweat on the body which helps fungus to grow. Also, as you are a diabetic, you have to maintain your sugar levels. In uncontrolled diabetes, fungal infection is very common. Take care and stay healthy.

Tinea corporis/cruris

As explained above

Avoid wearing wet undergarments

| 

I have red and itchy bumps on the tip of my penis. What are they?

Query: Hello doctor,There are red and itchy tiny bumps all over the tip of the penis and inside the foreskin. What could it be? About three weeks ago, I had the same problem, which disappeared on its own, in about three days.  Read Full »

What causes of a pink spot on testicles?

Query: Hello doctor, I noticed for some time now that the skin in my groin area looks gray and when I looked close, I saw that my skin was peeling and there were a few pink spots. And my scrotum began to itch. I assumed it was a jock itch. So, two days ago, I purchased Lotrimin Ultra and applied it in my g...  Read Full »

I have multiple itchy lesions all over my body. What can they be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 72 years male, who weighs 66 kg and I am 166 cm tall. I have multiple itchy lesions all over my body which responses temporarily to oral steroids. RAST test showed I am allergic to dogs and cats. My dermatologist diagnosed it as type 3 hypersensitivity (IgG mediated), and I am no...  Read Full »