Q. I have dry, white, itchy, and flaky widespread patches in the groin. Please help me.

Dr. Snehal Laul
Hi doctor i have itching problem in groin for past 3 weeks i applied itch guard but it doesn't work and areas were became black please help me

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatology Venereology
# Excess Scratching and rubbing of lesion ?
Intense itching ?

Dry flaky areas?

Excess sweating?
Tight inners?

Razor use?

Moist/wet body areas?

Extent of involvement?
widespread?

Since when it appeared?
previous treatment details?

Stop itch guard,it worsens lesions.

Answer the questions for details.

| 
Excessive itching, dark flaky areas, no razor use, no tight inners , yes it widespreads ,it start itching 5 weeks before and I used only itch guard , the skin gets dry and white flaky.

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatology Venereology
#

Its Fungal infection(Tinea cruris) Dont use itch guard. Use Luliconazole cream twice daily for 15days. Tab Terbinafine 250mg once at night after dinner for 15 days. Any liver issues?If liver issues dont take Terbinafine. Tab Levocetrizine 5mg at night for 15days. Antifungal body wash Dersil AF (ketoconazole)body wash daily till healing of active lesions. Abzorb powder(Clotrimazole dusting powder)after shower. wear loose fitting thin cotton well ventilated inner. Avoid friction,occlusion,sweating,heat,moisture,injury,maceration in that area. Stay in cool area(well ventilated area) Take bath twice daily. Keep towel and soap separately/frequent changing of bed linens and towels. Dont share your personal belongings,as it may spread to family members. Wash your clothes separately in hot water and do proper laundry and ironing to kill fungal moulds. Keep area dry,as moist area favours fungal growth. use dry clothes. wash area with lukewarm water,clean and dry it and then apply cream with clean hands. Maintain good hygiene . Avoid using dettol it may cause irritation. Avoid Scratching or rubbing lesions as it may cause secondary bacterial infection and also spreading of infection. Miconazole ointment in evening daily for 15 days.

|