Q. I have itchy red rashes in my inner thighs. Please suggest some medicines.

Dr. Bincy Varghese
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 16, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 17, 2021

I am suffering from a severe red rash problem on both of my inner thighs. The rashes are itchy and it has destroyed my life completely. It looks like ringworm or jock-itch. In the past, I was suffering from the same thing. But at that time, it was scaly and I had a liquid coming out with a foul smell. I consulted a doctor and she prescribed a medicine. It cured my condition. I used Itraconazole dusting powder and Fluconazole lotion. At that time, I and my mother consulted the doctor and she told me it as a fungal infection. But her symptoms were different than mine. Now, my current situation is bad. It is so irritating and itches a lot. But there is no scaly liquid coming out now. I have the same thing on my neck and face. Please suggest. I am using Arzole tablet for three weeks. I used Dipsalic ointment and Clotrimazole cream. But there is no relief. I used Dermikem OC plus and there is no relief. The area of the rash is always at a little more temperature.

#

I have gone through the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have tinea. Since it is expensive, you need to take proper treatment using oral antifungals to clear the infection. You should stop using Dipsalic (Betamethasone with Salicyclic acid) and other steroid applications as it worsens the infection and makes it spread further. You need to do LFT (liver function test) and KFT (kidney function test). Have a follow-up with your dermatologist. You can take Itracoanzole or Terbinafine orally along with some creams like Luliconazole or Sertaconazole. Itching can be controlled by using anti-allergics. Treat your family members if they have similar problems.

|