Q. The fungal infetion in my scrotum and thighs is not reducing after applying Cloben-G. Why?

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula
Published on Oct 17, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 21, 2019

It has been one year now, redness and fungus are not going away from the anus area. It is all over. It is on my scrotum, inner part of the thigh just right beside the scrotum. I have been applying Cloben-G and dusting it with Clotrimazole powder, still not going away; instead, it is increasing. I am keeping the area dried and clean and using clean underwear, still no relief. Please suggest any other good medicine.

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

Your complaints are suggestive of Tinea cruris, a fungal infection of the body folds. It is usually a consequence of excessive sweating and maceration of the skin, tight clothing, and uncontrolled sugar levels.

Cloben G is a steroid cream and is strictly contraindicated for fungal infections. It only makes the infection further resistant. Instead, you would need a two weeks course of oral antifungal.

Kindly upload an image of your current condition to confirm the diagnosis and formulate a necessary treatment plan.

1) Tab Okacet (Cetrizine) 10 mg twice daily after food for relief of itching.

Stop Cloben-G immediately.

Upload an image to confirm the diagnosis.

I have a fungal infection that occurs again and again. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, Please take a look at my case of skin dryness and flaking on my face. This is a cyclic condition¬†which occurs almost every 7-8 months. The dryness persists for 1-2 months during which I also have general body itching over hands, legs and under my ribs on the sides. The strange thing is t...  Read Full >>

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all I would like you to thank for giving me a perfect clinical history with perfect photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a crystal clear case of seborrheic dermatitis and is moderate in nature. It is a fungal infection and is ...  Read Full

I have fungal infection in my ear.Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with fungal ear infection yesterday. Doctor asked me to get admitted in the hospital for a microsuction to remove fungal debris. Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction? Can microsuction be done as an out patient procedure without staying in...  Read Full >>

Dr. A.k.srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome in icliniq.com.I would like to tell you that fungal infection in ear is quite common and it may be treated by: Cleaning the ear: Cleaning may be done by suction or syringing or by cotton swab. Antifungal ear drops to be used three or four times a day. Anti-inflammatory medicine to reliev...  Read Full

Homeopathic Medicine for Ringworm or Jock Itch

Article Overview: Jock itch, also called tinea cruris, more commonly known as ringworm.This article discusses regarding the basic misconceptions about ringworm and its permanent solution. Read Article

Dr. Jayvirsinh Indrasinh Chauhan
Homeopathic Physician

What Is Jock Itch? Jock itch, also called tinea cruris, more commonly known as ringworm, is a kind of fungal infection which frequently affects the groin area although it can affect any part of the skin. As It has already been said, it is a fungal infection, but what are the triggering factors for...  Read Article