I have small clustered pimples near the ankle that itch. There are also mosquito bite-like bumps are seen around different body parts.
I am having capsule Itraconazole 200 mg and using Terbinafine cream. I have itching in the genital area, bumps on the testicles, and redness on the lower back part of the legs. Itching intensifies at different body parts. I also have redness on thighs. Now I am taking Capsule Itraconazole 100 mg, Ofloxacin, Ornidazole, Itraconazole, and Clobetasol propionate cream. Now my main problem is itching and red patches on my legs and small bumps with stinging sensation at different parts, especially around the genital area.
I have gone through the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity), there appear to be eczema lesions and fungal infections called Tinea corporis and Tinea cruris.
Eczema usually occurs due to a hypersensitivity reaction of your skin to any external stimuli. It could be in the form of an insect bite, food item, or in case of using any unusual footwear as well as exposure to any plants or bushes which can result in the formation of these lesions. They can occur on and off depending upon the allergen exposure. Therefore avoiding the allergen is the mainstay of treatment along with the medication, which I will prescribe at the end of this explanation.
Apart from the same, the spreading nature of lesions you have, especially in the genital areas, is a fungal infection. This occurs mainly due to lowered immunity as well as the stagnation of moisture and sweat within the private areas and unexposed areas as well as exposed areas also. The main idea here is to reduce the stagnation of moisture and sweat and to keep the area dry and clean to prevent disinfection recurrence. They can also be transmitted from an infected individual by direct contact or by using any belongings of theirs.
Consult with a general practitioner before taking the prescribed medication.
1. Keto soap may be used to clean the affected areas in the morning and evening. Lather the soap with water and if you see a mixture to be applied on the affected area, gently massage the area and leave for two to three minutes before washing off. Do not use the soap on unaffected areas. Use regular soap on the unaffected areas. Do not share the soap with other individuals as well.
2. Mometasone ointment or cream maybe applied on the area that is itching on the leg. This is a very strong medication and therefore only a very small quantity which is only the size of a can be used to be applied in a very thin layer on the leg which is the ankle area which consists of the rash. Make sure to apply this only at night and leave them overnight before washing them in the morning. The maximum duration of this medication is two to three weeks. After this duration you can stop this medication. In the persistence of the rash, after a break of two weeks, this cream can be started again for the next two weeks, and so on.
3. Antifungal powder may be applied on the affected areas, which are itchy every four hours. This helps absorb moisture and sweat and reduce the fungal build-up within the area, reducing the itching sensation and pigmentation.
4. Terbinafine cream may be used in the morning and afternoon on the ankle area after cleaning and drying the area well. This cream can be used in other parts of the body, including the genital area, in the morning and at night. Application of the cream on the affected part twice daily is recommended.
5. Tablet Terbinafine 250 mg once daily for four weeks after food. This medication is to be taken after food for four weeks once daily. This is an antifungal medication for reducing the current discomfort. The rest of the medication that is being used currently may be stopped if this medication is being taken. If the current medication is already helpful, this medication can be avoided, and the medication that you are already using can be continued.
6. Tablet Cetirizine 10 mg HS for three weeks. This tablet can be taken one hour before going to sleep at night. Do not go out or drive after consuming this tablet, as it causes sedation. This helps in reducing the itching as well as the inflammation which is associated with the lesions.
7. Avoid oily and fried food, sweets, milk and dairy products, and red meat. Make sure to include more fruits, vegetables, fiber, and at least 12 glasses of water per day or a 250 ml glass size.
8. Make sure to avoid sharing belongings with other individuals. Make sure to air the area well under a fan and clean the area well after a bath by removing the moisture in the area. Make sure to wear loose-fitting clothes and undergarments.
Was this answer helpful?
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.