Q. What medicine should I take for an itching genitalia?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

I am 37 years old. I am suffering from itching genitalia for over one week and the severity would range from low to medium. It is mostly due to sweating in that area. I had applied Topinate cream. Right now, I have severe itching on my genitals, that is testicles, and also the area below and my thigh area. I am using Abzorb powder frequently. I am cleaning the region with cotton swabs dipped in Dettol. There is also a lot of flaking and cracking of the skin. What medication and precaution should I take?

#

• I have reviewed your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and they are normal. The liver function test is slightly raised, but there is no need to worry about such levels. The ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) is raised. Blood sugar levels are normal.
  • Secondly, please send an image of the involved area (groin) and revert back. Without clinical photographs, it is difficult to comment.
  • Have you consulted a dermatologist for your itching complaint? All the creams mentioned contain a steroid and should not be applied in the groin area.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I have attached the file.

#

• Stop applying all the creams you are using. Those are not right.
  • Consider the following suggestions:
  1. Luliconazole 1 % cream. Apply once daily.
  2. Sertaconazole 2 % cream. Apply once daily.
  3. Capsule Itraconazole 100 mg, twice daily for 15 days.
  4. Tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg at bedtime only if there is itching.
  5. Continue with Abzorb dusting powder.

Revert after 15 days.

|