Tinea Incognito

Why am I having lot of white pimples on buttocks?

Query: Hello doctor, My buttocks got some skin disorder. It is filled with a lot of small white pimples and it gets dead and skin became very bad. It looks very dirty and I feel very uncomfortable. No itching no pain sometimes rarely feels itchy. In my teenage, it stared I guess. Now, I am 28 years old. P...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query and concern. I have examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems you have tinea incognito with superadded folliculitis. Follow certain general measures. Do not keep the area wet at all. Use Clotrimazole powder f...  Read Full »

Please suggest a remedy for my itching.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a female, aged 22. I started facing some itching problems in my hip region, including the buttock cleft for almost 2 to 2.5 years now. The itching occurs occasionally, but now it has led to darkening of the involved area. Sometimes, small papules arise on the area as well. I am reall...  Read Full »

Dr. Joydeep Singha

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most likely, this is tinea incognito. I suggest Clotrimazole 1% cream twice daily for six weeks and additionally tablet Fluconazole 150 mg per week for six weeks. This will give benefit to you. You should also test the stool for helminths and ova of parasites to exclude p...  Read Full »

Please suggest a solution for severe pubic itching.

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from severe itching near pubic area and the skin turned black. Previously, I had pubic lice issue, which was cured using Permethrin lotion. I am currently using Flucort-C cream, but it is not effective. Please suggest some medicine for it. Thank you.  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from tinea incognito (steroid masked fungal infection). Steroid is contraindicated in fungal infection and you were using a steroid on it, so you have made the condition worse. Nevertheless, I suggest the following medications. Consult a specialist doct...  Read Full »

What should I do for my fungal infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having fungal infection on my inner thighs, ankle, arms and back for about six months now. I have taken 250 mg Terbinafine for one month along with antifungal cream. But, I did not see any difference. What should I do?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your descriptions. If you can send pictures then it will be very helpful to us in management. Since you are having fungal infections from last six months, have you tried anything before Terbinafine? I am asking to rule out any applications of topical steroid cont...  Read Full »

Am I taking the right medicine for ringworm infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I had ringworm problem for the past three to four months. I used Abzorb - Clotrimazole powder and Betnovate GM cream. It did not stop, but increased spreading to other areas. Then I went to a doctor and he diagnosed it as tinea incognito. He prescribed Terbinafine 250, Levocetirizine ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are having ringworm infection then you are going on right track. You have applied Betnovate cream (Betamethasone), which is a topical steroid. It usually suppresses or hides your lesion. That is why it gets converted into tinea incognito (fungal infection m...  Read Full »