Q. What should I do for my fungal infection?

Answered by
Dr. Suvash Sahu
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on May 14, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 27, 2020

Hi doctor,

I am having fungal infection on my inner thighs, ankle, arms and back for about six months now. I have taken 250 mg Terbinafine for one month along with antifungal cream. But, I did not see any difference. What should I do?



Welcome to

I read your descriptions.

  • If you can send pictures then it will be very helpful to us in management.
  • Since you are having fungal infections from last six months, have you tried anything before Terbinafine?
  • I am asking to rule out any applications of topical steroid containing antifungal which can lead to tinea incognito (fungal infection masked due to application of topical steroid) and delayed the cure rate.
  • Since Terbinafine is not effective, I suggest you to take tablet Itraconazole 100 mg once daily for one to two months.
  • Also you can apply topical Ketoconazole cream twice daily till the complete resolution of lesions even beyond you have to continue for few more weeks.
  • Follow preventive measures like keep your body folds dry. Also can apply Clotrimazole powder if sweating is more.
  • You can use Ketoconazole soap for bathing and then get a review with picture.

Revert back after a month with photos to a dermatologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Please suggest a solution for severe pubic itching.

Apply Sebifin (Terbinafine) cream twice daily ...   Read full

Can I use Hydrozole for jock itch?

.. of Hydrocortisone and Clotrimazole) cream contains steroid and should not be used as a treatment for jock itch (fungal infection of the groin). You will experience temporary relief while using it but your condition will aggravate once you stop usi...   Read full

What medicine can help itching in the thighs and underarms?

.. may be intertrigo secondary to candidal yeast infection. I suggest you stop using Terbinafine tablet and try Sporanox (Itraconazole) 100 mg capsule. Have it one daily for four weeks. Do not change the brand. Apply Onabet (Sertaconazole Topical)...   Read full


Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Management of Coronasomnia
Coronasomnia refers to increased sleep problems among people during the COVID-19 pandemic. Read the below article to get...  Read more»
Balantidiasis - Causes, Signs and Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Balantidiasis is a rare bacterial infection caused by a parasite called Balantidium coli. Read the article below to know...  Read more»
JAK Inhibitors in Treating Rheumatoid Arthritis
Doctors mainly suggest JAK or Janus kinase inhibitors for patients with rheumatoid arthritis to ease their symptoms. Rea...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Dermatologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.