Q. What should I do for my fungal infection?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 14, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 27, 2020

I am having fungal infection on my inner thighs, ankle, arms and back for about six months now. I have taken 250 mg Terbinafine for one month along with antifungal cream. But, I did not see any difference. What should I do?

#

I read your descriptions.

• If you can send pictures then it will be very helpful to us in management.
  • Since you are having fungal infections from last six months, have you tried anything before Terbinafine?
  • I am asking to rule out any applications of topical steroid containing antifungal which can lead to tinea incognito (fungal infection masked due to application of topical steroid) and delayed the cure rate.
  • Since Terbinafine is not effective, I suggest you to take tablet Itraconazole 100 mg once daily for one to two months.
  • Also you can apply topical Ketoconazole cream twice daily till the complete resolution of lesions even beyond you have to continue for few more weeks.
  • Follow preventive measures like keep your body folds dry. Also can apply Clotrimazole powder if sweating is more.
  • You can use Ketoconazole soap for bathing and then get a review with picture.

Revert back after a month with photos to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|