Common "Tinea Versicolor" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Tinea Versicolor

Tinea versicolor is a fungal infection affecting the skin. It disturbs the normal pigmentation of the skin and causes small discolored patches on the skin. It often affects the trunk and shoulders. Antifungal creams are used to treat the condition.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I have white spots on my face. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 19 and I have white spots on my face. Actually, I have had this problem since childhood. The spots occur every year on my face, especially in summer. But this time it has been two months and they are still present in my face although I am applying sunscreen and keep my face moistu...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreelakshmi. S

Answer: Hi, Welcome to The white spots you describe can be due to various causes. It may be due to a fungal infection called tinea versicolor which usually occurs in the summertime, or it may be an allergic reaction to the sun. I suggest using an antifungal cream like Clotrimazole 1 % cream twi...  Read Full »

I have been having many white tiny dots on my thighs and butt area. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,I got many tiny white dots mainly on my thighs and butt area. I noticed that the white spots are always on the areas where my hair follicles grow.Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Nitesh Kumar Meena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to According to your medical history and symptoms most probably you have tinea versicolor. Tinea versicolor is a fungal skin infection that commonly appears on the face, neck, and back but sometimes on the lower abdomen and thigh. Skin affected by tinea versicolor appears...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.