Tinea Versicolor

What is the dry skin condition which does not itch but spreads?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a skin issue that I had for many years and no doctor has given me a diagnosis or even treatment. It does not itch or cause any feeling but it spreads and feels very dry to touch.   Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1) I have seen the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and read your brief history from the picture, it looks to be fungal infection (Tinea versicolor). Do not worry as it would take two to six weeks to fade off with proper treatment and few measur...  Read Full »

Why am I having patches on chest and back?

Query: Hello doctor, I am just now noticing these patches on my skin and would like your input. My skin does not itch but I have been noticing patches on my chest and it is all over my back.  Read Full »

Dr. Touseef Ansar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These patches are due to fungal activity. Let me suggest you some medicines. You should apply and give me feedback.  Read Full »

What could cause brown spots under armpit with stinky sweat?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 42-year-old male, non-smoker and non-alcoholic. For the last two months, I am noticing lots of brown patches below my armpits of the left hand and nothing much on the right hand. And off late I could sense I am sweating (armpits) which I never had before. Will you please ...  Read Full »

Dr. Subhash Kashyap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. What I can make out from your history is that you are having brown patches over the left armpit for two months. I want to know no other symptoms in this lesion like if they pain or burn? Are they increasing in size or same since their start? Any other family member havi...  Read Full »

What can cause rashes under the armpit, back, and chest with no other symptoms?

Query: Notice a couple small rash type about 8 inches under the armpit. Then a rash on the chest and back x3 weeks ago. Red blushes not itchy. It slowly started to cover most of the chest and all of the back. there are just a few on the upper arms. A couple of different types more like pimple types on the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Subhash Kashyap

Answer: hi the legions and no symptoms suggest a type of fungal infection called Tinea versicolor. this fungus is commonly present on all of us but in some cases like a lot of sweating or people taking steroids ( like you are taking it) leads to lesions which are present on your chest and legs treatment....  Read Full »

White patches developed on spots where corticosteroid was applied. Is it vitiligo?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter has skin lesions that started last year. They are on one side of the body. Initially, she got eczema kind small red rashes for which we applied Corticosteroid and later we observed whitish patches developing on those spots. Initially, the GP thought it could be tinea versicolo...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and clinical photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From the present situation, it looks to be vitiligo. Since it is on one side of the body, it can be called as segmental vitiligo also. Tacrolimus is the right m...  Read Full »

I have white spots on my face every summer since childhood. How to get rid of it?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 19 and I have white spots on my face. Actually, I have this problem since childhood. The spots occur every year on my face, especially in summer. But this time it has been two months and they are still present in my face although I am applying sunscreen and keep my face moisturiz...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreelakshmi S

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The white spots you describe can be due to various causes. It may be due to a fungal infection called tinea versicolor which usually occurs in the summertime, or it may be an allergic reaction to the sun. I suggest using an antifungal cream like Clotrimazole 1 % cream twi...  Read Full »

Please recommend some treatment for the prickly and itchy rashes on my abdomen.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a rash on my abdomen or the lower chest area and also in the mid back. It is being there from the past three¬†weeks. This is the second time that I am getting the rash within these six months. About four to six months back, I first got this type of rash. The rash appears flat wi...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concerns and examined your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From the available data, it seems you have developed allergic contact dermatitis or sweat dermatitis. I just wanted to know, if your blotchy, erythematous patches disapp...  Read Full »