Q. I have been experiencing tingling sensations and tremors in my entire body at rest. Why?

Dr. Ankush Gupta

Ive been experiencing tingling sensations around my whole body mainly in hands, arms, feet. In addition to that, also feel like pins and needles in my finger tips and toes. Been also getting tremors when laying down or sitting in a comfortable position as well as twitching in my body and weakness. Ive done two blood tests that came out clear, brain mri was clear, lumbar spine was clear, cervical spine was and also done emg test and nerve conduction which also came back within normal range. However this issue has been bothering me and feels like my symptoms are getting worse. If theres anything you can advise me on let me know please. Id like to also add that im not vit b deficient. Thank you. Im 22 years old and i weigh 43kg and height is 165cm. No medications

# Hi,
As all ur tests are normal.
I am considering blood sugar levels are also normal.
There can be numerous reasons for tingling sensation and tremors during resting stage.
Starts from malabsorption leading to nutrition deficiency to numerous other reasons.
Your weight is also less than normal as per ur height.
Start Injection Neurobion forte once weekly for 1 month followed by Tab. Neurobion forte daily for 1 month.
Daily exercise for 30 mins.
Drink more water.
Destress by yoga and meditation.

Report back with progress.

Thanks

| 

Can iron deficiency cause tremors?

Query: Hi doctor, I am just wondering if it is possible to have neurological symptoms with low ferritin levels. My hemoglobin is 13, but the last check on ferritin said it was 5.3. I am suffering severe internal tremors, fatigue, cold hands and feet and weak shaking legs. My symptoms improve while on a s...  Read Full »

I get tremors in my chin that lasts only for a second. Is it something serious?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 25. Since three days, I have been experiencing sensations like twitches/ jerks/ tremors specifically in my chin area. I noticed that when I talk, eat or when something falls down from my hand suddenly, I get a tremor in my chin. They last for a second only. I went to a doctor (no...  Read Full »

Why am I having tingling sensation in arm?

Query: Hello doctor, I have tingling left arm. Thumb and index finger are somewhat numb. Skin lesions infect arm. I was told that they are not shingles. Bone at base where skull and spine meet is stiff and sore. On no medication. Taking Ibuprofen for pain.  Read Full »

What should I take to relieve Flagyl induced constipation?
Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old female. I am trying to overcome constipation caused by the Flagyl antibiotic, and I do...  Read more»
How long should my dad continue the same dosage of medicines after a stent surgery?
Hello doctor, My father had a heart stent operation six months ago. Doctor prescribed some medicines, and still, he is u...  Read more»

Ask a General Practitioner Now