Q. I have been experiencing tingling sensations and tremors in my entire body at rest. Why?

Dr. Ankush Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 01, 2020 and last reviewed on: Feb 18, 2021

I am 22 years old with a weight of 43 kilograms and a height of five feet. I have a tingling sensation all over my body, especially in my hands, arms, and feet. I also have pins and needles on my fingertips and toes. I also get tremors when I lay down or when I sit in a comfortable position. I also have twitching in the body with weakness. I have done two blood tests and I have done a brain MRI with an EMG test. All the results came back normal. I have done a nerve conduction study and it came back normal within the normal range. This issue is bothering me a lot and I feel that these symptoms are getting worse. I am not taking medications for my problems.

#

As all your tests are normal, I am considering that the blood sugar levels are normal. There are numerous reasons to have tingling sensations and tremors during the resting stage. You can have malabsorption leading to nutrition deficiency. There are other numerous reasons also. Your weight is less than normal as per your height. You can take an injection of Neurobion forte once a week for one month. You can also take tablet Neurobion forte for one month every day. Do exercise daily for thirty minutes. Drink more water. Reduce your stress by doing yoga and meditation.

|