Q. What does tingling mean in cold sore?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Sep 02, 2019

I have a cold sore, and I put Zovirax on, and a few hours later, it is tingly. My cold sore has blistered and fully formed is the tingly feeling meaning it is going away?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

I have gone through your history, and according to me, you are suffering from herpes virus infection. Most of the patients experience a tingling sensation before the appearance of blisters, but this is soon followed by painful ulceration. This lasts for 7 to 10 days. You have mentioned the application of Zovirax cream on the cold sore, but that is not very effective. Instead, you should take tablet Acyclovir 400 mg three times a day for five days. I would recommend you to send me your photographs as I would like to confirm the diagnosis.

I have a tingling sensation in my muscle. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, Over the last few months, I am experiencing some tingling kind of sensation in muscles on a specific area below the left breast near the rib. I would like to know what it is and the cause for it. I am having that sensation mostly in the evening.  Read Full »

Can cold sore in mouth indicate STD?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a cold sore appear on my mouth which I very rarely get (I have had them, although pretty rare since I was young). My partner also gets cold sores, however, he gets them quite frequently, and has been since he was young. When I saw mine appear a few days back, I was wondering if ...  Read Full »

What causes tingling feeling when urinating?

Query: Hello doctor, I suddenly feel a tingling sensation after urination and a slight prick sort of a thing. I visited a doctor for the same and had been diagnosed with a urine infection. I also have a constant urge to urinate. He gave a dose of antibiotics which I had to take for three da...  Read Full »