Q. What does tingling mean in cold sore?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

I have a cold sore, and I put Zovirax on, and a few hours later, it is tingly. My cold sore has blistered and fully formed is the tingly feeling meaning it is going away?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

I have gone through your history, and according to me, you are suffering from herpes virus infection. Most of the patients experience a tingling sensation before the appearance of blisters, but this is soon followed by painful ulceration. This lasts for 7 to 10 days. You have mentioned the application of Zovirax cream on the cold sore, but that is not very effective. Instead, you should take tablet Acyclovir 400 mg three times a day for five days. I would recommend you to send me your photographs as I would like to confirm the diagnosis.

|