Q. I think I have tinnitus and I am scared to visit a doctor. What to do?

Dr. Satyabrata Panigrahi
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 05, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 16, 2020
i have a problem in my ears that always used to sound at night and i get distracted i think i have a tinnitus problem and still now i didn't visited to a doctor because I'm afraid to get mri and CT scan because of these reasons i didn't tell to my parents please help me doctor...

Dr. Satyabrata Panigrahi

Audiology Speech Therapist
#

Dear icliniq user, First of all Stop worrying ,start acting today. Relax yourself . Tinnitus can be due to many reasons. simple ear wax deposition to chance of tumor. So don't predict of any severe underlying cause behind the tinnitus that you are suffering from. Are you listening to loud music through earphones for long time? Do you feel pressure in ears ? Few tips will reduce your problem for sure. 1. Avoid noisy situation, don't use earphones, take the calls on speaker mode. 2. Divert your mind from the sound and start concentrating on other environmental sounds. To simplify it use resound relief app (install it from play store) ,there are many collection of natural sounds ,use it in moderate intensity level on speaker mode at night ,put the mobile little distant to the bed. 3 .Stop taking caffeinated drinks( tea,coffee,alcohol )smoking if at all you are taking 4 . Bhramari pranayam (see the video in youtube) start doing in the same way , bee like sound production by closing your eyes ear with hands . Excellent results were observed. 5. steam inhalation and sipping lukewarm water frequently is what you can also try. When you get a time just go for immitance audiometry and puretone audiometry test( Consult with Audiologist) . Share the reports with me.Your valuable Feedback is expected if at all my recommendations helps you in some way.

| 

My tinnitus has worsened. What is my chance of recovery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am looking for a second opinion. I got tinnitus from loud noise three weeks ago. Most of the time the noise is constant 3 or 4 on a scale of 1 to 10. Yesterday morning I experienced my best day as the noise seemed to reduce to a 2. However, it went back up to a 3 and 4 again yesterd...  Read Full »

Do I hear little sounds in a quiet room due to my anxiety?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34 year old female, and my hearing is good, Is it fine to hear little sound in a quiet room? Can there be a sound of our brain or blood flow?Are these idle mind's thoughts?  Read Full »

Is tinnitus a side effect of AZO?

Query: Hello doctor, I began exhibiting symptoms that I would describe as tinnitus from a week. I get a loud noise or ringing in my left ear, although it also happens in the right ear. One fine day the tinnitus actually went to the other ear (my right ear), my tinnitus since then has not been focused in a...  Read Full »

Ask an Audiologist Now