Q. What is the possible cause, and how long will it take to treat tinnitus?

Dr. Syed Tehmid

I feel like something is ringing in my ears, and I have continuous buzzing noise with a headache. Will I have tinnitus?

And if had it, then,

1. Will that be temporary or not?

2. Why would I have acquired it, or what possible causes?

3. Will it lead to hearing loss?

4. How long will it take time to cure it?

#

Tinnitus is a very broad and vague symptom that can be present in several conditions, which could be as benign as earwax or a simple external or middle ear infection and maybe even present in conditions that have nothing to do with the ear like migraine with tinnitus or can even occur in another type of headaches. It may even occur if you have had a cold recently. In these cases it is usually self-limiting and goes as the underlying cause. Unless there are other symptoms of hearing impairment, vertigo, nausea, or vomiting, it does not usually indicate anything serious. Can you elaborate on how it started and any attendant symptoms?

|