Tinnitus

What would you advise for clogging of ears and tinnitus after a flu?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 44 year old female, mother of 2, 165 cm tall and 75 kg weight. Two months ago, I fell ill with a bad flu (may have been also an acute viral infection) with high temp (39 degrees), probable inflammation in the sinuses, nose, and throat and sinuses pain. The first antibiotic (Klaci...  Read Full »

Dr. Subhadeep Karanjai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The clogging of ears and ringing sensation (tinnitus) are probably due to accumulation of fluid in your middle ear post eustachian tube blockage, as a result of the upper respiratory tract infection you had had previously, a condition known as serous otitis media. I ...  Read Full »

Why have I developed tinnitus after using nasal spray?

Query: Hello doctor, I have developed tinnitus after using a nasal spray Sudafed, please assist. Not on any medication, hearing is fine. I was suffering slightly with dizziness prior to the tinnitus four months back which had cleared by then.  Read Full »

Dr. Magesh T

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just went through the complaints that you been having. This sounds like peripheral vertigo and this is how people usually present with. The treatment management part, take a tablet called Betahistine 16 milligrams twice daily for three days followed by once a day for ...  Read Full »

Why do I have tinnitus and how can this be treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 and suffering from tinnitus from last four months. The sound in the ears is not constant. It is changing. Sometimes, it is loud enough that I can hear it even in a crowded place and sometimes so low I cannot detect in a normal environment and the most important of all with a loud...  Read Full »

Dr. Subhadeep Karanjai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from fluctuating tinnitus for four months as you have said. Tinnitus (ringing sensation in the ear) may be due to problems of the ear or problems not related to the ear. Ear problems causing tinnitus are generally associated with hearing loss. But...  Read Full »

I have constant tinnitus and sensorineural hearing loss. Is it Meniere's disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I have constant tinnitus and sensorineural hearing loss for about five months. I am sending you reports of my PTA and otoscopy. Now I have ear fullness, tinnitus, and hearing loss in my left ear. My right ear is normal. Tinnitus is continuous for past four months. I do not have any ve...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Otolaryngologist, Audiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is minimal loss in the left ear. The symptoms do not seem to be due to Meniere's disease. The tinnitus is due to the hearing loss. Take tablet Cinnarizine 75 mg once daily for 15 days and ta...  Read Full »

Static Sound In My Ears After I Was Exposed To A Gunshot Noise

Query: Hello doctor, I was exposed to a loud noise (gunshot). Since then, I have a static noise in my ears when it is really quiet, and I get a pressure at the back of my head that often turns into a headache. Sometimes, I also get a tone in my right ear. If I do some physical activity, I may have dizzine...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Like you said, the tests are normal. But still, you suffer from a ringing noise inside the ear which is more in quiet surroundings. Physical activity causes dizziness and there is someti...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for tinnitus?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old female. I am having tinnitus in my right ear. My PTA hearing test says R - 17 dB and L - 10 dB. My doctor informed me that there is slight nerve damage and it is causing tinnitus and slight hearing loss. He said that there is no cure for it. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Baidya Nath Majhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your PTA (pure tone audiometry) showing minimal hearing loss in right ear and normal hearing in the left. I do not think this minimal hearing loss cause the tinnitus unless the hearing loss is progressive. Tinnitus is not a disease. It is a symptom due to many unde...  Read Full »

I get tinnitus with breathing difficulty and anxiety. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, About two years ago, I was playing a video game while wearing a headset with fairly loud burst sounds from time to time, and I noticed a small hissing sound was present in my ears or head when I was getting off my PC. I have always used headsets for long hours before this occurred. Ever ...  Read Full »

Dr. Dheeraj Kumar Jonnalagadda

ENT Otolaryngologist, Allergy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Exposure to loud sounds creates pressure over your nerve of hearing and can evoke tinnitus. Hence, I advise you to use minimal sound during games. The pain in and around your ears is due to excessive usage of headset around your ears. For your nasal obstruction, you sho...  Read Full »

Why am I having tinnitus after hearing something very loud?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I had an event that impacted my hearing. I threw a heavy chain into the metal bucket of a backhoe. The clank was quite loud and gave me instant ringing in my ears. I then had to use the backhoe, which is also loud, but not deafeningly so, for about 20 minutes. Now my ears feel ...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuja Rajendra Sonawane

Audiologist, Speech Therapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is very common that people feel certain blockage of the ears after getting exposed to loud sounds. It is called fatigue to ear. The hair cells get fatigued due to loud sounds. It also indicates sensitivity towards hearing loss. It is recommended to avoid a noisy s...  Read Full »

Can tubes placed in ears cause pulsating tinnitus?

Query: Hello doctor, Can tubes placed in ears cause pulsating tinnitus? I never had this prior to the tubes. I was getting dizzy all the time. So, they placed tubes in my ears.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Grommets or ventilation tubes should not cause pulsatile tinnitus usually. Is your MRI normal? Can you share the report with me? Any other symptoms? Why were the tubes put in the first place?  Read Full »

I have tinnitus and feel tired, cold and fatigue. Is it due to hypothyroidism?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 37-year-old man feeling cold all the time. I have tinnitus and feeling tired and fatigue. I tested my TSH and it was 1.3. My TSH free was 16. Is this normal or could I have hypothyroidism? What other causes could it be? I am otherwise healthy, exercise a lot and normal.  Read Full »

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need a few more things to know about you to answer this. Please let me know. Do you have allergies or a stressful life or burning urination? Please answer these questions so that I can guide you better. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health.  Read Full »