Tmj Disorders

Why do I feel that the left side of my face is losing volume slowly?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30-years-old male, and I am suffering from left trapezius aches and discomfort for five years. About three years ago, I noticed a dark cycle under my left eye. This concerned me so much. I began to research this, and I came across a condition called progressive hemifacial atrop...  Read Full »

Dr. Krishna Swaroop Achanta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw the pictures you sent (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). Both the sides of your face are symmetrical, and there is no noticeable difference. Your case is not facial atrophy as there is no change in the face's features...  Read Full »

Do pain in the cheeks near the ear, and pulse tinnitus indicate TMJ disorder?

Query: Hi doctor,I have had pain in my cheeks near my ear for the past year. I know it was from TMJ, so I tried to quiet it down with some exercises. I never went to the dentist until recently because of the COVID. Next thing about three months ago, I got pulse tinnitus in my ears the whole day, and I cont...  Read Full »

Dr. Krishna Swaroop Achanta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to ilciniq.com. The continuous jaw pain signifies even after a month that either your facial muscles and joints are tight or that you may be suffering from an underlying condition like osteoarthritis. The tightness of the joint or muscle accompanied by tinnitus may be what the dentist ...  Read Full »

Can TMJ disorder cause pulsatile tinnitus?

Query: Hi doctor, Can TMJ disorder cause pulsatile tinnitus? I have had pulsatile tinnitus for six weeks. I also have a TMJ disorder. It hurts intermittently inside my ear and sometimes on the sides of my face. But my concern is about the 24/7 pulsatile tinnitus. I have had every test. MRI without contrast...  Read Full »

Dr. Krishna Swaroop Achanta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The oceanic noise which you feel you are hearing in your inner ear may have nothing to do with your TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorder. TMJ disorders usually produce clicking, grating or popping sounds along with tinnitus that increases in intensity over time or ag...  Read Full »