Tongue Injury

How long does numbness last after tooth extraction?

Query: Hi doctor, Three months back, I had a wisdom tooth extraction. Still, I feel tongue numbness. What is the solution?  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The tongue numbness is caused by nerve injury or irritation at the time of giving local anesthesia before your tooth removal or even due to the closeness of the roots of your tooth to the nerve bundle. However, this is usually transient and there is a gradual recovery of ...  Read Full »

My tongue bleeds on brushing with white spots on uvula. What does it indicate?

Query: Hello doctor,My tongue hurts and bleeds when brushed. White spot on uvula area and white and small red dots on the roof of my mouth. Also, a yellowish color is seen on the roof of my mouth.  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The condition is called aphthous stomatitis. It usually follows a brief period of stress to be emotional or physical, as a febrile sickness. You need to take a short course of antibiotics, topical analgesics, anesthetics. Multivitamin supplements and antacids can be ...  Read Full »

Can tongue cleaner cause itchy tongue?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an itchy tongue. I can describe the itching like putting a needle on right and left corners of the tongue. I am using steel tongue cleaner for the last 15 years and I have stopped now. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Are you a diabetic person? Has the tongue problem reduced after you stopped using the tongue cleaner? Revert back with the asked details to an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist  Read Full »