Q. Is it common for tongue lacerations to heal slowly?

Dr. Krishna Swaroop Achanta

Sharp teeth lacerated the lateral border of my tongue. I let the injury heal naturally. However, the right part of the laceration still hurts. What should I do? Pain is from the end surface of the right part of the laceration. I am not taking any medicines for the same. Please help.

#

When there is a laceration injury, the hurt will take several days to heal. Please follow the instructions given to you in the follow-up messages.

The injury happened about ten months ago. It had got wholly healed within three to four days. But because of how the wound healed, the right side of the lacerated piece still generates pain.

#

I understand your concern. However, sharp tooth laceration pains will last longer. So, vitamin E supplementation or application of gel and antiseptic mouthwash or over-the-counter painkillers often help. If it does not heal eventually, then you might have to visit a surgeon in person so they can see a surgical way out to treat the lesion. Please regularly follow all instructions given.

If you have any doubts, you can follow up.

|