Q. Please suggest some solutions for swollen and hurtful throat when I swallow deeply.

Dr. Arpit Varshney

My throat is swollen, and it hurts when I take a deep swallow. It started hurting from the time I woke up, and the swelling was also present from the same time, but the swelling is present throughout the day, so I am a bit concerned. I usually have this issue once or twice a year. Please help.

#

I understand your concern.

As per your symptoms, you might have pharyngitis, or it may also be tonsillitis, but I will need to look at your throat for the correct diagnosis. Secondly, I would suggest medications that will help you get rid of the swollen throat.

1. Betadine gargle with warm saline water in 1:4 ratio thrice daily.

2. Tablet Voveran-D DT (Diclofenac 50 mg) thrice daily.

3. Tablet Azithral 500 mg (Azithromycin 500 mg) once a day for five days.

4. Tablet Dazit M (Desloratadine 5 mg and Montelukast 10 mg) one tablet at night.

5. Tablet Medrol 8 mg (Methylprednisolone 8 mg) once a day for five days.

I suggest you take this treatment and you will be completely fine. This treatment covers pharyngitis as well as tonsillitis.

Hope this helps.

Kindly revert in case of further queries.

|