Q. What can be done for tonsillitis associated with cough and fever?

Answered by Dr. Sheetal R Bhanushali and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Tonsillitis or Fever? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 40-year-old male. I have been suffering from tonsillitis and fever for the last five days. I took antibiotics to treat my painful tonsillitis and fever and the antibiotic showed a very bad reaction. I developed skin rashes on my chest and around my nose.

Whenever I have anything that has a cold base like coconut water (or coconut), curd, cardamom or any other fruits I develop tonsillitis. Last week, I ate cardamom by mistake, and all that broke loose for me the next day morning. And since then I am really suffering a lot. Could you please help me with my current situation of tonsillitis and fever? After the onset of tonsillitis, I started to cough also.