Q. What can be done for tonsillitis associated with cough and fever?

Dr. Sheetal R Bhanushali
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

I am a 40-year-old male. I have been suffering from tonsillitis and fever for the last five days. I took antibiotics to treat my painful tonsillitis and fever and the antibiotic showed a very bad reaction. I developed skin rashes on my chest and around my nose.

Whenever I have anything that has a cold base like coconut water (or coconut), curd, cardamom or any other fruits I develop tonsillitis. Last week, I ate cardamom by mistake, and all that broke loose for me the next day morning. And since then I am really suffering a lot. Could you please help me with my current situation of tonsillitis and fever? After the onset of tonsillitis, I started to cough also.

Yes sure, you will be ok definitely.

Take these medications,

Sulfur 1m five pills one dose only.

Belladonna 30 five pills in the morning, noon, evening and night. Biochemic combination 10 four tablets in the morning, noon, evening and night (in more pain you can repeat tablets at intervals of one to two hours also). Give follow up after one week along with medicines.

Gargle with water add salt and turmeric powder five to six times a day. Drink warm water add turmeric powder if you like that taste. One spoon warm mixture of ginger juice, turmeric powder, honey three to four times a day. Warm milk with turmeric powder and ginger powder. Have a good day.

I would let you know about the improvement after a week.

What has to be done for fever and chills in 3 years 6 months old child?

Query: Hello doctor, Fever and chills in a child of age 3 years 6 months. A mild cough is also noticed. What can I do?  Read Full >>

Dr. Rajesh Babu
Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Shivering may be because of a highfever, or because of urine infection or malaria. As of now use the below medication. Syrup Crocin DS (Paracetamol) 5 ml/240 mg, 4 ml if fever greater than 100 F every sixth hourly. Sponging with lukewarm water until the fever decreases ...  Read Full

How Does Salt Water Gargling Cure Tonsillitis? How Vaporizer And Medicated Inhalant Helps?

Query: Hi doctor, Does air humidifier help with tonsillitis? How would salt water gargling cure tonsillitis?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Air humidifiers are of various types and not all of them are useful for someone suffering from tonsillitis. And also, tonsillitis requires gargling of warm water mixed with salt. Salt water gargling helps reduce pain, inflammation and infection in the throat by the foll...  Read Full

Fever in Babies: When to Call the Doctor

Article Overview: Fever is a non-specific symptom. When babies have fever, it can be traumatic for the parents as well, because they are unsure of what is causing it and how to soothe the baby. Adding to their anxiety, the baby is unable to explain his/ her discomfort in words. This article deals with how to take care of a baby who is down with fever and when to seek medical help. Read Article

Dr. Vasantha K S
Child Health Specialist

Fever is not an illness by itself, but a symptom. It can be due to virus or bacteria. Viral fevers that come with the common flu or cold tend to subside within three days. They do not require antibiotics as these medicines have no effect on the virus. On the other hand, bacterial fevers like urinary...  Read Article

Ask a Doctor Now