Q. Why am I having fever, cold, and itchy throat?

Dr. Zubayeralam
and medically reviewed by Dr. Chithranjali Ravichandran

I am a 25-year-old female. My height is 5'4, and my weight is 55 kg. Symptoms showed up this month. I woke up with a fever feeling cold, and a scratchy throat. I kept eating and drinking mainly fluids like soup and took Bioflu, which has 500 mg of Paracetamol twice a day every 6 hours. Yesterday, my fever went down, and I felt better. I did sweat a lot and rested plenty. I also took Lozenges to ease the dry, itchy throat I have and did cough a lot yesterday. Today woke up with my throat being extra dry and scratchy, so I continued drinking water, and I also gargled with warm water and salt, but it is still hard to swallow. I believe my tonsils are swollen.

#

Thanks for the query.

I can assist your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from a sore throat, fever, cold, and difficulty in swallowing.

According to the picture (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity) that is provided here, you may suffer from swollen tonsils, which may result from tonsillitis due to bacterial, viral, or fungal infection, peritonsillar abscess, strep throat, tonsillar stones, etc. You can take antibiotics like Azithromycin, antihistamines along with your currently using medications like Paracetamol and measures like gargle with salt mixed lukewarm water 3 to 4 times daily. Throat swabs for C/S may help to detect the underlying causes for your swollen tonsils.

Take care.

In case of any other query, ask me.

|