Q. I have tonsil problem. Is there any treatment without surgery?

Dr. Theresa M. Gregory
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 08, 2019 and last reviewed on: Nov 11, 2019

I am a 16-year-old male. I have tonsils. What is the treatment for it without surgery? Homeopathy is required.

#

I am guessing you are having repeated episodes of tonsillitis, where you have been given antibiotics. Maybe your doctor has suggested surgery. There are some effective Homeopathic remedies for tonsillitis.

You can take:

1. Baryta Carbonica, 6x dosage, if you have chronic enlargement of your tonsils.

2. Belladonna, 30c dosage, if the tonsils are extremely red and there is a lot of inflammation with fever.

3. Mercurius Vivus, 30c dosage, where there are pus and foul-smelling breath.

Try the one that matches your symptoms best. Take a dose every hour of your chosen remedy, and if there is an improvement, give another dose, up to four doses. It would be helpful if you consult a Homeopath in your area, who could look at your tonsils and help you to find the best remedy.

For the prevention and treatment of tonsillitis, you can take a naturopathic remedy called Berberis Formula by Genestra, which you can likely order through your local health food store or order online. It prevents and treats bacterial infections. At the first sign of tonsillitis, take two capsules, twice a day until the infection is gone. I use this very successfully with my own children. Or, if you cannot easily access this medicine, you can take Goldenseal tincture, (in drops) as directed on the bottle for seven days. This is easy to find at a health food store.

Take vitamin C for your immune system and a multi-vitamin or mineral supplement. Make sure you take a lot of vitamin D, which boosts your immune system. Try to keep your hands always washed well with soap and away from your mouth for prevention. I hope this helps you.

|