Q. I have tonsil problem. Is there any treatment without surgery?

Dr. Theresa M. Gregory
Published on Nov 08, 2019 and last reviewed on: Nov 11, 2019

I am a 16-year-old male. I have tonsils. What is the treatment for it without surgery? Homeopathy is required.

#

I am guessing you are having repeated episodes of tonsillitis, where you have been given antibiotics. Maybe your doctor has suggested surgery. There are some effective Homeopathic remedies for tonsillitis.

You can take:

1. Baryta Carbonica, 6x dosage, if you have chronic enlargement of your tonsils.

2. Belladonna, 30c dosage, if the tonsils are extremely red and there is a lot of inflammation with fever.

3. Mercurius Vivus, 30c dosage, where there are pus and foul-smelling breath.

Try the one that matches your symptoms best. Take a dose every hour of your chosen remedy, and if there is an improvement, give another dose, up to four doses. It would be helpful if you consult a Homeopath in your area, who could look at your tonsils and help you to find the best remedy.

For the prevention and treatment of tonsillitis, you can take a naturopathic remedy called Berberis Formula by Genestra, which you can likely order through your local health food store or order online. It prevents and treats bacterial infections. At the first sign of tonsillitis, take two capsules, twice a day until the infection is gone. I use this very successfully with my own children. Or, if you cannot easily access this medicine, you can take Goldenseal tincture, (in drops) as directed on the bottle for seven days. This is easy to find at a health food store.

Take vitamin C for your immune system and a multi-vitamin or mineral supplement. Make sure you take a lot of vitamin D, which boosts your immune system. Try to keep your hands always washed well with soap and away from your mouth for prevention. I hope this helps you.

I got my tonsils removed last year. Now, I have redness on one side. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I had my tonsils removed last year. Now, on one side, I have this red area. It can get inflamed sometimes and every now and then, I get a cyst or ulcer in that area. Why is this area red and not on the¬†other side? Is it due to a lot of blood vessels in one area that used to supply the...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have viewed the images attached by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The area is congested due to the blood vessels. The opposite area is also congested although not as much as the left. It is called flushing of the anterior pillars. This is chara...  Read Full

Can asymmetry of tonsils be the sign of cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, My tonsils are not symmetrical. I first noticed just two months ago that my right tonsil looks like a kidney bean with a small hole on top while my left tonsil looks oval in shape with a much larger hole. My right tonsil looks like there is a lump of the bottom of it. I am 28 years ol...  Read Full >>

Dr. Dheeraj Kumar Jonnalagadda
ENT Otolaryngologist, Allergy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Tonsils are our lymphoid organs which protect us from infections. The shape of tonsil can vary from person to person and asymmetrical shapes are not at all indicators for cancer. The holes you mentioned are called crypts which lodges food particles which can form stones...  Read Full

Homeopathic Travel Kit: A List of Remedies to Carry on Your Trip

Article Overview: Vacation is a time when you should enjoy with your family and friends, but a sick person can ruin the vacation. You may not find doctors or medical help around, especially if you are vacationing at a remote place. In such situations, homeopathy can save your vacation. Read Article

Dr. Sheetal Kamble
Homeopathic Physician

Vacation is a time when you enjoy with your family and friends, but a sick person can ruin the holiday. You may not find doctors or any medical help around, especially if you are vacationing at a remote place. In such situations, homeopathy can save your vacation. Most people carry medicines with t...  Read Article

Ask a Homeopathic Physician Now