Q. Why do I have lumps beneath my tonsils on both sides?

Dr. Abdul Aziz Khan

I am 21 years old, and I have a lump beneath my tonsil. I also have one on the other side that looks the same, but it is smaller. I do not know how long it has been there until I got diagnosed with tonsillitis. I have a hole in my tonsil, and I have a lot of mucus in my throat. Does this look cancerous, or do I have any cause to worry about? Kindly help.

#

I can understand your concern. I saw your attachments (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). Your left tonsil is bigger than that of another side with whitish spots over it. It may be tonsillitis again. So I suggest consulting ENT Doctor for a physical examination to confirm tonsillitis or any other underlying cause.

It is unlikely to have any cancer at your age, and the chances of infection are more. This can be diagnosed only by Physical examination.

That picture is two weeks old, and my tonsils have been back to normal size, and I no more have the white spots. The doctor said that I had viral tonsilitis, and I have an infection in my tooth and have four impacted wisdom teeth. The gums and the tonsil leave a foul smell behind but are these symptoms of cancer? And just by the looks, does it look like cancer?

#

You can relax. So far, there is no evidence of any cancer.

|