Q. Can oil pulling and eating Calcium-rich diet reduce cavities in teeth?

Dr. Naveen Thomas

This is really embarrassing as I have 10 to 12 cavities in my teeth mostly in between two teeth but still I am developing new cavities now in front teeth. It seems like my full mouth is composite filled. I have healthy eating habits and not a sugar addict. Kindly suggest some measure to save my teeth as I do not want to have denture in the next 10 years. Will oil pulling and eating Calcium-rich diet help me?

Do you have a question on Tooth Cavity or Oil Pulling?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Naveen Thomas

BACHELOR OF DENTAL SURGERY
Dentistry Endodontist Paediatric Dentistry Periodontist

It would be better if you could start continuous brushing after every meals. Use dental floss to remove food stuck between teeth. Go to a dentist every 4 to 5 months and do cleaning of teeth to remove bacteria and plaque. See if you can get a toothpaste containing fluoride. Fill all carious teeth at the start itself. These much steps are necessary for patients with much caries risk. Avoid sticky food like biscuits, chocolate, etc. Increase intake of fibrous food.

Nervous Habits in Children: Homeopathic Approach
Article Overview: Nail biting, thumb sucking, nose picking, hair twirling, pulling hair and grinding teeth are some nervous habits commonly present in children. These are caused by a mental disorder. This article focuses on the homeopathy approach to the same.  Read Article
Dr. Potnuru Srinivaasa Sudhakar
Homeopathic Physician

1. Nail Biting The other name for nail biting is onychophagia. Those who feel a compulsion to bite nails and fingertips can vary in severity from mild and occasional to persistent nail biting. Severe nail biting is a long-term problem which causes nail deformity and infections around the nailbed. ...  Read Article

Kitchari Mono Diet
Query: Hi doctor, I am having a white coating on my tongue. Also, since my childhood, I have had a problem with frequent urination. I have a slightly enlarged prostate of 21.9 whereas less than 20 is normal. My skin has always been very dry. For about 1 or 2 years, I am losing hair and suffering from dan...  Read Full >>
Dr. Santhosh M D
Ayurveda Specialist, Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your details and found that you are following certain kind of diet, which is not really beneficial in this condition. Instead of sticking with a mono-diet (ayurveda diet for detoxification) you can make the following practices. Only three times food in...  Read Full

I am having tooth pain because of broken tooth. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I am having a lot of pain on my upper right side with a broken tooth. The pain is going up in my face to my head. Could you tell me what I can do? I have been taking Tylenol for pain.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need not worry. Your chief complaint suggests pain in the upper right back region which is due to a carious tooth (attachment removed to protect patient identity). So as far your emergency is concerned, you are advised to use following medications: Amoxicillin-Clavu...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now