Q. Can oil pulling and eating Calcium-rich diet reduce cavities in teeth?

Dr. Naveen Thomas

This is really embarrassing as I have 10 to 12 cavities in my teeth mostly in between two teeth but still I am developing new cavities now in front teeth. It seems like my full mouth is composite filled. I have healthy eating habits and not a sugar addict. Kindly suggest some measure to save my teeth as I do not want to have denture in the next 10 years. Will oil pulling and eating Calcium-rich diet help me?

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentistry Endodontist Paediatric Dentistry Periodontist
#

It would be better if you could start continuous brushing after every meals. Use dental floss to remove food stuck between teeth. Go to a dentist every 4 to 5 months and do cleaning of teeth to remove bacteria and plaque. See if you can get a toothpaste containing fluoride. Fill all carious teeth at the start itself. These much steps are necessary for patients with much caries risk. Avoid sticky food like biscuits, chocolate, etc. Increase intake of fibrous food.

| 

Is it okay to get tooth filled without getting it cleaned post-five-day prescription of tablets?

Query: Hello doctor, Is it okay to get a tooth cavity filled without getting it cleaned post-five-day prescription of two tablets? Does this have consequences?  Read Full »

Kitchari Mono Diet

Query: Hi doctor, I am having a white coating on my tongue. Also, since my childhood, I have had a problem with frequent urination. I have a slightly enlarged prostate of 21.9 whereas less than 20 is normal. My skin has always been very dry. For about 1 or 2 years, I am losing hair and suffering from dan...  Read Full »

Prevent Tooth Decay With Coconut Oil

Article Overview: This article discusses the benefits of coconut oil against dental caries and halitosis. Read Article

Dr. Nayansi Jha
Dentist

Dental caries or tooth decay is a very common problem for adults and children these days. Our food habits are such that they include a wide variety of junk food and super-rich carbohydrates. Coconut oil has been in use since ancient times for a wide variety of reasons, primarily for good hair growt...  Read Article