Q. I have developed multiple cavities in eight months though I brush well. Please advise.

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

I am convinced that I have a lot of cavities. I was inspecting my teeth the other day and I have multiple points of concern and I am now afraid to get to the dentist.

I have my six-month cleaning in days and I am anxious. I have two small smooth dots on two teeth on the side. Is this a cavity or is it possible for it to be treated with fluoride and dental cleaning?

On another tooth, I am pretty sure it is a cavity because it is a tiny hole on the smooth surface on the side of the tooth. I try to take care of my teeth and when people look at them they are not bad. Besides, my front bottom teeth are a little shifted but my teeth look fine to others.

I am also disappointed because I thought I have been doing a lot better brushing my teeth since my last appointment. I had one cavity during my last appointment.

And diet wise nothing has changed much since then. I just do not understand how I could have multiple cavities now considering my diet has not changed and I feel like I have been brushing better.

#

The black dots would be the carious lesions. It does not matter if you take much care and do regular brushing, with time the carious lesions increase in the dental arch.

You need to get it filled by a dentist as soon as possible. The multiple carious teeth happen because of many conditions, for example, dryness of the mouth.

The brushing of teeth before sleep is the most important one.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|