Q. My son is screaming when we step into dentist's office. How to fix this?

Dr. Naveen Thomas
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 05, 2017 and last reviewed on: Feb 25, 2021

My 3 year old son is with really bad teeth. He is not even letting the doctors near to him. I have to tussle even to brush his teeth. I really need to get this fixed. He has a couple of cavities, decayed tooth and he has broken one when he fell down, being his tooth was probably weak. I have tried stepping into a dentist office, but he started kicking and screaming. What should I do?.

#

• There are two things you could do. The first option is ask your dentist to give him a mild inhalation anesthesia, which will calm him down and then, he could do all his necessary treatments in one go, but you have to take him in forcefully.
  • The second option is you could just wait it out for a few months till he becomes more calmer and in the meantime, make him brush properly with a good toothpaste, especially designed for children under 5 years of age. It will prevent further decay.
  • You have to make him brush or at least make him wash his mouth after taking any food.
  • At this age, it is mostly a new experience for kids, so they will be violent. You have to be calmer and take a decision.

For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|