Q. All my lower back teeth have started to decay. Please help me.

Dr. Praveena Borra
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 27, 2013 and last reviewed on: Sep 05, 2018

All my lower back teeth have started to decay. I brush my teeth twice daily, morning and before sleep. Please help me.

#

I would like you to go to your nearby dentist and get it confirmed if it is decay or stains.

If it is decay, then your dentist might suggest you get some dental fillings done. If it is just stains that you are noticing, then the stains could be removed by dental scaling, that is, professional cleaning.

Decay can be formed due to lots of food impaction in the back tooth regions which is a very common complaint.

Sometimes, even though we are regular with brushing, there are areas where the brush cannot reach. So, it is advisable for you to consult your dentist at the earliest.

For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

| 

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Can gingival fibrers regenerate after scaling?

Query: Hello doctor, Is it true that gingival fiber does not regenerate once destroyed? Can they regenerate in certain conditions? I got scaling of teeth done recently and developed gaps. I am wondering whether the gingiva can grow into this space.  Read Full »

How to maintain my gingiva without recession?

Query: Hi doctor, I have cut my gumline due to brushing too hard. I have a slight recession on my gum. I am taking good care of my teeth. But I am panic. There is no bleeding and pain present. I used a water pick to clean it. I visited a dentist before four months.  Read Full »

What treatment will help sensitive tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having sensitivity in the upper right tooth. There is no ditch or cavity but I feel the sensitivity while eating sweets. What could be the treatment option for it?  Read Full »