Q. How can the pain due to erupting wisdom tooth be managed?

Dr. Tooba Qazi
Published on Feb 28, 2019

My wisdom tooth is growing. It is very painful. What is the solution?

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentistry
#

This eruption pain occurs in every 2 or 3 months. To suppress it you must do this antibiotic course: Tablet Augmentin 625 mg, two times a day, tablet Metronidazole 400 mg, two times a day, tablet Brufen (painkiller) 400 mg, two times a day but if the pain is severe take three times a day. Do this course for three days. And do saltwater mouthrinses 3 to 5 times a day for a week. Put a 1/4th teaspoon of salt in a cup of lukewarm water and do its rinses. Give me followup after two days. Take care.

How can I manage wisdom tooth eruption pain?

Query: Hello doctor, For the last two weeks, my two wisdom teeth on the right side of my face have been coming in. The pain has been incredibly severe and is almost unbearable at this point. I have been experiencing headaches and tenderness pain in my neck, jaw, and gums. I have trouble moving my jaw and ...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to get wisdom teeth removed?

Query: Hello doctor, I have wisdom tooth. Is it necessary to remove it?  Read Full »

My teeth still pain after a fluoride varnish. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I had gone to a dentist. He applied fluoride varnish paste on my teeth saying that the cavities are very small. But my teeth are still paining. What to do?  Read Full »