Q. I feel bone on the extraction site. How to get it fixed?

Dr. Geethanjali Sadasivam
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 26, 2017 and last reviewed on: May 06, 2021

A week ago, I had all of my wisdom teeth removed. Three are healing fine, but my bottom left feels and looks like bone. I am not sure whether the bone is visible. It is smooth, but I am concerned about it. My dad, who is not a dentist, think that the gum is growing over it. It is not painful so much as sensitive and achy. I am just curious if I should wait or if I should see my dentist again to let him suture it. Also, if I have to see the dentist again, what should I expect as far as getting this fixed?

#

I have read through your complaint and the relevant details.

• May be the extraction was a bit difficult on the lower left wisdom tooth, and the gums are healing slowly. Please do not disturb the healing process by touching the socket with the tongue often. This might delay healing even further.
  • Also, do not aggressively brush or rub salt over that area.
  • Sutures are not indicated during the healing process. If at all it is considered, it should have been put immediately after the extraction.
  • Keep observing the region for another week, and if not healed or becomes painful, then you go to the dentist for application of a healing paste.
  • Meanwhile, maintain good oral hygiene and gargle lukewarm salt water twice daily. This will flush out the debris locked in the socket and promote healing. Thank you.

For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|