HomeAnswersDentistrytooth extractionMy mother is recommended to extract her tooth and replace with an implant. Is that the only option?

What are the signs that indicate tooth extraction?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At May 19, 2022
Reviewed AtJune 6, 2022

Patient's Query

In what condition is tooth extraction the only option? The dentist recommends my mother extract her teeth and replace them with an implant. There is no periodontal disease. She has few restored cavities on other teeth, and overall oral health is good. She brushes and flosses daily. She eats a healthy diet.

We are visiting a new dentist now. Our previous dentist never indicated any problems with that particular tooth nor suggested extraction.

Answered by Dr. Naveen Thomas

If the particular decayed tooth has less than one-third of tooth structure, it is not easy to save the tooth with root canal treatment and a crown. So extraction may be necessary.

Send me the pictures of the tooth for a better diagnosis.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentistry

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

tooth decaytooth extraction

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Dentistry

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy