Q. Why am I experiencing headaches following tooth extraction?

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Two weeks ago, I went through a tooth extraction from my right lower jaw (Molar 1 and 2). As the roots were hard to pull, a minor dental surgery was conducted (with two stitches). Since then, my head is paining badly, and I feel two or three spots on my forehead when touched it gets painful. Also, since the last week, I am suffering from a fever of 100 degrees. I am in great need. Due to this head pain, I do not even bother to touch my head.

Please advise.

#

You may need antibiotics and painkillers for a week or two. If the pain is only in the head and there is no pain near the wound where the teeth were removed, then you should see a physician. If there is pain near the wound too, then go back to your dentist and get an X-ray done to find out if any roots are still remaining inside causing this pain. Start taking antibiotics like Augmentin (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic Acid) 625 mg twice a day for a week along with a strong painkiller like Acenext-p (Aceclofenac and Paracetamol) three times a day.

|