Q. I have pain in my decayed tooth even after filling. Could this be an infection?

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

I had tooth decay and got it fixed at my dentist. After that, I started feeling pain and my dentist told me it is because of the sinus, I started using salt sprays. After a few days, I could still feel the pain. Yet he did an x-ray and could not figure out what is wrong but I am still in pain. Today, I have a fever, stomachache, and my molar still hurts me. I read it could be an infection or is this wrong?

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentistry Endodontist
#

Yes, you are certainly correct. Do warm saline gargle three to four times a day. Your dentist should have taken an x-ray before filling it.

Please take tablet Sporidex (Cephalexin) 500 mg 1 tablet twice after meals for five days, Metrogyl ER 1 tablet twice after meal for five days, Zerodol SP (Acaclofenac and Serratiopeptidase) 1 tablet twice after meal for five days, Rantac D (Ranitidine) 1 tablet twice before meal for five days.

Your doubts are certainly correct, later you might need a root canal or extraction to eliminate the cause completely. Please do not worry so much it is nothing serious and it will subside once you are on these medications and get proper treatment.

Periapical abscess.

Root canal or Extraction.

Warm saline gargle. Betadine mouth rinses twice or thrice a day.

After seven days.

|