Tooth Mobility

Does grinding cause loosening of teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, I have noticed that my first molar is loose. I keep pushing it with my tongue and clenching a bit against it and I just noticed that it has become loose little more. I have my wisdom teeth and I think it might be applying pressure forward on these teeth. I read in a book that day grindin...  Read Full »

Dr. Naseer Bhat

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and you are having a habit of grinding your teeth during the night, that is called as bruxism and the symptomatic treatment for that is the use of mouth guards. I recommend you visit a dentist and get it checked. Your treatment depends on ...  Read Full »

How to ensure the normalcy of oral cavity in a toddler after a hit on hard floor?

Query: Hello doctor, Yesterday, my toddler was running in our living room, she fell and hit her mouth on the hardwood floor. I immediately picked her up and rushed her to the bathroom. There was a good amount of blood that was coming from the gums of her two front teeth. The bleeding stopped quickly and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. It hurts a lot seeing a kid in pain. The best way is to take a cotton ball squeeze in cold water and place over the bleed and apply gentle pressure. The cold cotton ball prevents any signs of inflammation and pain too to quite an ext...  Read Full »

Due to delay in shedding of milk teeth, permanent teeth are growing inward. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 6.5 years old. Two of her front teeth are shaky but not falling off but I see the new is growing because of space the old one occupying, new one growing is not aligned. It looks like it is growing little inward and cross.  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to iclinq.com. I went through your query and also seen the image attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As a specialist it is quite fine, she is on the safer side as no such visible misalignment once the permanent tooth erupts fully. As you mentioned and also vi...  Read Full »

One of my teeth is mobile. Should I get it removed?

Query: Hello doctor, I think I have gum disease. My teeth are starting to move. Will my teeth have to be removed? I have no bleeding gums there, not red.  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query , I would like to see an image of the area myself, kindly upload. Let me know if there is any history of diabetes. Mostly seems to be a periodontal problem.  Read Full »

Can antibiotics help to treat periodontitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have history of periodontitis. It runs in my family. I fixed my top teeth (two bridges of crowns), but not my bottom teeth yet. Last few days it got worse as I have one very wobbly tooth and pain all around my jaw bone. I think it got infected. Can antibiotics help?  Read Full »

Dr. Ummah Mohammad

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest you go for full mouth scaling and root planing. After that, follow these: Maintain good oral hygiene, proper cleaning of mouth after every meal and soft massage with fingers. Warm water and salt rinse 5 to 6 times daily. Do not allow food lodgement. Antibioti...  Read Full »

I am facing a shaking tooth in my bottom jaw. What is the solution for this?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 17 years old. I am facing a shaking tooth in my bottom jaw. What is the solution for this?  Read Full »

Dr. Rohee John

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Shaking tooth means tooth mobility. Causes are various like periodontal (means your gums are loose not enough to support the tooth, or because of less oral hygiene). Other reason might be trauma, broken, and shaking (mobile) tooth.  Read Full »

Why are my bottom front teeth loose?

Query: Hello doctor, A few weeks ago I noticed that my bottom front teeth felt slightly loose. I looked up my symptoms and suspected it might be gum disease because I have always had poor dental hygiene and never flossed. Since then I started brushing, flossing, and using a natural mouthwash three times a...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Laxminarayan Iyer

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let me tell you something. Even I have undergone this situation (personally). There are several types of periodontal conditions, out of which, this is called trauma from occlusion due to bruxism, clenching. Your teeth may loose its normal curves or contour and may even ...  Read Full »

Does scaling cause loosening of teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is having tartar buildup on her teeth. She already had scaling done two times by a dentist. This has made her teeth loose and fall out. Please suggest some solution as another cleaning might harm her teeth even further.  Read Full »

Dr. Purva Jingar

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This time get your mother's teeth cleaned by the dentist and then ask her to brush twice daily. Cleaning by the dentist does not make the teeth fall off, this is a pure myth. The teeth which are weakened by tartar gets damaged from inside so they feel like loose afte...  Read Full »

Why does my mobile tooth hurt even after splinting?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a question regarding my lower front tooth. It was luxated and I when I visited my dentist, he said he could save the tooth and he put a splint on my lower six front teeth. He said I should wear it for six months and that, in time, would heal. It has been four months now but I sti...  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would have become normal by the third month and in the next three months, it might become more firm. But, if you are still having pain and pressure then it indicates that it might not be saved and ultimately might go for extraction if luxation is grade 3. If luxation...  Read Full »

What can be done for mobile permanent tooth due to fall in a child?

Query: Hello doctor, My 9-year-old fell and one of her permanent teeth is now wiggly. What can I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If bleeding is persistent, give your kid cold packs of cotton on the tooth or make him eat ice-cream. If it is not suitable in this weather then put honey around the tooth. Once bleeding is controlled, now start with saline water mouth rinses. Take a cup of lukewarm water...  Read Full »