Tooth Mobility

What is the tiny tissue that is hanging after pulling a loose tooth in my 5-year-old daughter?

Query: Hello doctor, My 5-year-old daughter had a very loose tooth two days ago. It was barely hanging on and getting in the way of her eating. We pulled the tooth out, and she said it hurt a little even though it was barely attached. There is now a tiny piece of tissue sticking up out of the hole where h...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakshana Devi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw the pictures attached (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). It is important to confirm that you have pulled the entire tooth. If yes, then I advise you to wait for three days and follow general instructions like having a soft diet, bla...  Read Full »

Should a mobile milk tooth in a 5-year-old kid due to trauma be removed?

Query: Hi doctor, My 5-year-old brother recently fell down, and two of his teeth got displaced. They are slightly moving when touched. They are milk teeth but still, can you please tell us we should get them removed, or would they come back to their place? Cipladine is applied to the patched lip, and we a...  Read Full »

Dr. Ummah Mohammad

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, do not touch or do not let the kid touch his teeth again and again. The child should take in plenty of water and, if permissible, give cold fruit juices as well. Secondly, if the movement is really slight, it should be fine on its own with time. Jus...  Read Full »

I have some mobile teeth with periodontitis. What is the treatment option other than extraction?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 62-year-old female. I have moderate to severe periodontitis. A couple of teeth are mobile with some crowns. I have some missing teeth. My dentist advised me to have an extraction of seven teeth. I want a second opinion. I would like to treat them first. Please suggest.   Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In the upper jaw, there are at least three teeth presenting with periodontitis and deep pocket formation. The only option is to do an extraction. If you do not have any symptoms for now, then you can delay doing extraction for few months or for a couple of years. In the...  Read Full »

Does grinding cause loosening of teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, I have noticed that my first molar is loose. I keep pushing it with my tongue and clenching a bit against it and I just noticed that it has become loose little more. I have my wisdom teeth and I think it might be applying pressure forward on these teeth. I read in a book that day grindin...  Read Full »

Dr. Naseer Bhat

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and you are having a habit of grinding your teeth during the night, that is called as bruxism and the symptomatic treatment for that is the use of mouth guards. I recommend you visit a dentist and get it checked. Your treatment depends on ...  Read Full »

How to ensure the normalcy of oral cavity in a toddler after a hit on hard floor?

Query: Hello doctor, Yesterday, my toddler was running in our living room, she fell and hit her mouth on the hardwood floor. I immediately picked her up and rushed her to the bathroom. There was a good amount of blood that was coming from the gums of her two front teeth. The bleeding stopped quickly and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. It hurts a lot seeing a kid in pain. The best way is to take a cotton ball squeeze in cold water and place over the bleed and apply gentle pressure. The cold cotton ball prevents any signs of inflammation and pain too to quite an ext...  Read Full »

Due to delay in shedding of milk teeth, permanent teeth are growing inward. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 6.5 years old. Two of her front teeth are shaky but not falling off but I see the new is growing because of space the old one occupying, new one growing is not aligned. It looks like it is growing little inward and cross.  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Answer: Hello, Welcome to iclinq.com. I went through your query and also seen the image attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As a specialist it is quite fine, she is on the safer side as no such visible misalignment once the permanent tooth erupts fully. As you mentioned and also vi...  Read Full »

One of my teeth is mobile. Should I get it removed?

Query: Hello doctor, I think I have gum disease. My teeth are starting to move. Will my teeth have to be removed? I have no bleeding gums there, not red.  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query , I would like to see an image of the area myself, kindly upload. Let me know if there is any history of diabetes. Mostly seems to be a periodontal problem.  Read Full »

Can antibiotics help to treat periodontitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have history of periodontitis. It runs in my family. I fixed my top teeth (two bridges of crowns), but not my bottom teeth yet. Last few days it got worse as I have one very wobbly tooth and pain all around my jaw bone. I think it got infected. Can antibiotics help?  Read Full »

Dr. Ummah Mohammad

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest you go for full mouth scaling and root planing. After that, follow these: Maintain good oral hygiene, proper cleaning of mouth after every meal and soft massage with fingers. Warm water and salt rinse 5 to 6 times daily. Do not allow food lodgement. Antibioti...  Read Full »

I am facing a shaking tooth in my bottom jaw. What is the solution for this?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 17 years old. I am facing a shaking tooth in my bottom jaw. What is the solution for this?  Read Full »

Dr. Rohee John

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Shaking tooth means tooth mobility. Causes are various like periodontal (means your gums are loose not enough to support the tooth, or because of less oral hygiene). Other reason might be trauma, broken, and shaking (mobile) tooth.  Read Full »

Why are my bottom front teeth loose?

Query: Hello doctor, A few weeks ago I noticed that my bottom front teeth felt slightly loose. I looked up my symptoms and suspected it might be gum disease because I have always had poor dental hygiene and never flossed. Since then I started brushing, flossing, and using a natural mouthwash three times a...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Laxminarayan Iyer

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let me tell you something. Even I have undergone this situation (personally). There are several types of periodontal conditions, out of which, this is called trauma from occlusion due to bruxism, clenching. Your teeth may loose its normal curves or contour and may even ...  Read Full »