Q. I have a shaking tooth in the bottom jaw. What should I do?

Dr. Rohee John
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

I am 17 years old. I am facing a shaking tooth in my bottom jaw. What is the solution for this?

Do you have a question on Tooth Mobility or Periodontal Gum Disease?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Rohee John

BDS, FELLOWSHIP IN COSMETIC DENTISTRY FROM APOLLO DELHI
Dentistry

Shaking tooth means tooth mobility. Causes are various like periodontal (means your gums are loose not enough to support the tooth, or because of less oral hygiene). Other reason might be trauma, broken, and shaking (mobile) tooth.

Iopa.

Proper oral hygiene.

Why is there tooth sensitivity even after getting a filling done?
Query: Hello doctor, I had a filling done last week on my distal lateral incisor. It was pretty sensitive for a few days but it dissipated. This morning, after I brushed and flossed, the sensitivity to cold air returned and was getting progressively worse with throbbing and a headache. I took four 200 mg ...  Read Full >>
Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern. I think there is a breach or dislodging of filling. You need to visit the dentist again and get a dental X-ray (IOPAR) done. It is reversible pulpitis and you will feel pain and sensitivity. Use fluoridat...  Read Full >>

I have an upper jaw pain and cannot close my mouth. What could be the reason?
Query: Hello doctor,From my left front tooth, all the way to the back of my teeth on top hurt. I cannot close my mouth and it feels like the pain is going up into the bone under my nose. What could that possibly be?  Read Full >>
Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, it seems to me that you have an apical periodontitis. If you have any cavity related to this area, the tenderness is because of it. Or you must have malocclusion, meaning there is more pressure on these teeth. You need to visit a dentist who will...  Read Full >>

Will using electric toothbrush make teeth even looser?
Query: Hey doctor,I have bought an electric toothbrush because a dental hygienist said he would recommend it as I have gum disease. The bleeding has stopped tremendously after regular brushing and help from the dental hygiene. My question is, because I have a few loose teeth at the bottom, will using an el...  Read Full >>
Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it will because it does not have the same control as your hand will do. Not till you keep it as controlled as possible but it is a mechanical device. It can make your teeth more mobile if the tooth mobility is more than grade one (that means you have a slightly loo...  Read Full >>

Trending

Trending

Ask a Doctor Now