Q. Is it necessary to get mobile teeth removed?

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

I think I have gum disease. My teeth are starting to move. Will my teeth have to be removed? I have no bleeding gums there, not red.

#

I went through your query , I would like to see an image of the area myself, kindly upload. Let me know if there is any history of diabetes. Mostly seems to be a periodontal problem.

I have attached the file. Kindly have a look.

#

Thanks for the image as requested (attachment removed to protect patinet identity). Your gingiva looked fine. No such serious issues noted. You will be needing oral prophylaxis (scaling). Visit your local dentist if lockdown due to corona is over. Betadine mouthwash in lukewarm water, gargle 3-4 times a day. Brush with a soft brush gently for now. Rexidine M Forte gel as gum massage. Massage the gums. Tablet Metrogyl ER 1 tablet BD after meal for 5 days. Avoid sticky or sweet foods for now, for safe side get blood work done for diabetes.

As per the image no severe inflamation or swelling noted. In case of bone loss sevse sweeling and redness (inflamation) is common, so I am confident you will be fine. You will not need an extraction if maintained properly. Let me know if it was helpful.

Stains and calculus (tartar).

Intraoral X-ray.

Gingivitis.

-Oral prophylaxis and scaling.
- Warm Betadine gargle.
- Rexifine M forte gel gum massage.

If any discomfort or any other query.

So why are my teeth loose?

#

I would like to know if there is any history of diabetes. Generally, plaque and tratar deposition weaken the gums and lead to gingivitis. In most of the cases they disappear with scaling and oral prohylaxis. If needed splinting can also be done to fix the mobility to initiate bone growth.

In severe cases and chronic diabetic cases, they have periodontal issue too leading to bone loss. In those cases nothing can be done except extraction followed by fixed prosthesis. But upon visual your gums do not look too affected, and can be recovered by maintaining oral hygeine, scaling, warm gargle with Betadine mouthwash. An X-ray will be done by your dentist to see the bone status. It looked fine, I hope for your better recovery in weeks.

|