Q. Is it necessary to get mobile teeth removed?

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

I think I have gum disease. My teeth are starting to move. Will my teeth have to be removed? I have no bleeding gums there, not red.

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentistry Endodontist
#

I went through your query , I would like to see an image of the area myself, kindly upload. Let me know if there is any history of diabetes. Mostly seems to be a periodontal problem.

| 

I have attached the file. Kindly have a look.

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentistry Endodontist
#

Thanks for the image as requested (attachment removed to protect patinet identity). Your gingiva looked fine. No such serious issues noted. You will be needing oral prophylaxis (scaling). Visit your local dentist if lockdown due to corona is over. Betadine mouthwash in lukewarm water, gargle 3-4 times a day. Brush with a soft brush gently for now. Rexidine M Forte gel as gum massage. Massage the gums. Tablet Metrogyl ER 1 tablet BD after meal for 5 days. Avoid sticky or sweet foods for now, for safe side get blood work done for diabetes.

As per the image no severe inflamation or swelling noted. In case of bone loss sevse sweeling and redness (inflamation) is common, so I am confident you will be fine. You will not need an extraction if maintained properly. Let me know if it was helpful.

Stains and calculus (tartar).

Intraoral X-ray.

Gingivitis.

-Oral prophylaxis and scaling.
- Warm Betadine gargle.
- Rexifine M forte gel gum massage.

If any discomfort or any other query.

| 

So why are my teeth loose?

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentistry Endodontist
#

I would like to know if there is any history of diabetes. Generally, plaque and tratar deposition weaken the gums and lead to gingivitis. In most of the cases they disappear with scaling and oral prohylaxis. If needed splinting can also be done to fix the mobility to initiate bone growth.

In severe cases and chronic diabetic cases, they have periodontal issue too leading to bone loss. In those cases nothing can be done except extraction followed by fixed prosthesis. But upon visual your gums do not look too affected, and can be recovered by maintaining oral hygeine, scaling, warm gargle with Betadine mouthwash. An X-ray will be done by your dentist to see the bone status. It looked fine, I hope for your better recovery in weeks.

| 

Is Gum Inflammation a Curable Problem?

Article Overview: The medical terminology for inflamed gums is 'gingivitis'. It is one of the most common oral health concerns faced by each of us. This article talks about the causes and cure for gingivitis. Read Article

Gingivitis refers to inflammation of the gums. Gums (or gingiva) along with the bones and ligaments form the supporting structure of the teeth. Once they get swollen, there is redness, puffiness, and bleeding of gums. But, in most cases, it is treatable and reversible. When left untreated, it can l...  Read Article

How can I manage painful swollen gums with ulcers caused by excessive brushing?

Query: Hello doctor, After trying to fix my general teeth and gums, I have managed to get rid of the yellow plaque after a few days. However, after brushing gums excessively, ulcers have appeared, and my gums have swollen slightly and are very painful. I was wondering how to fix them and how long it will t...  Read Full »

Are bad smell and brown discoloration in a broken tooth suggestive of infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I broke a big part of my tooth, and I cannot get to the dentist as I have no money and no medical insurance. Now it smells, and looks pale brown color. I am scared, is it infected?  Read Full »