Q. Does eating ice cream cause pain in the root canal-treated tooth?

Dr. Rakshana Devi

I have pain in my root canal-treated tooth after eating ice cream. What could be the reason?

Kindly help.

#

Thank you for your query.

Toothache occurs due to many reasons. It can be due to dental caries, secondary caries, abscesses, etc. I suggest you to follow the instructions mentioned below.

1. Take a radiograph of the affected tooth and verify the condition of root canal-treated teeth.
  2. Do not place the dental crown till the pain subsides.
  3. Do salt and warm water gargle.
  4. Take mild painkillers thrice a day for three days.
  5. Take antibiotics for three days. Kindly consult a specialist, talk to them and take the medications with their consent.

If your toothache persists after ten days, consult me for further details.

I hope this has helped you. Thank you.

|