Q. What is the cause of a black hole with pain in the tooth?

Dr. Raghu

I am 33-years-old, and I have tooth pain, and there is a black hole in it. There has been a pain for the past three days.

#

I have read your query, and I will help you out.

I would like to know which tooth is paining and is the pain continuous or intermediate? There are multiple reasons for pain. As you have mentioned the black hole, the tooth pain may be because of dental caries that have gone deep into the tooth and caused an infection. For better investigation, an intraoral periapical radiograph (IOPA) of that tooth and an intra-oral picture are needed. Tooth pain due to dental caries is very common. Taking medication can be a temporary solution, but proper treatment is necessary for permanent relief. If the decay is very deep, a root canal procedure is needed in which the decay and infection are removed, and the tooth is restored.

Have a great day.

The probable cause is dental caries.

An intraoral periapical radiograph (IOPA) of that tooth should be taken for investigation.

The differential diagnosis includes dental caries with irreversible pulpitis, periodontal problem, or

ulcers.

The probable diagnosis is dental caries with irreversible pulpitis.

The treatment plan advised is the restoration of the tooth.

Flossing, brushing, and mouthwash are the preventive measures to be taken.

Follow-up should be done after taking the x-ray.

|